The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: eBay -- Making sure this stuff fits

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

eBay -- Making sure this stuff fits

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-R...item2c5d8be703

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unive...item3368f4191f

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-05...Q5fAccessories

Okay, so as the topic title is suggesting, I'm looking at these kinds of items on eBay. I want to make sure that the steering wheel/hub kit will work with each other and fit on my G. Also, I wanted to know if there's a problem with not having an airbag, ie. SRS light or laws(I live in Nebraska).

I'm not trying to be a fake race car driver, but rather I'm trying to restyle my interior so that it matches. I'm thinking about black/gray with red accents.

In detail, I plan on deadening my floors/roof with some kind of sound deadener, and getting a black carpet kit from eBay. I plan on painting the plastic part of the door panels black and keeping my gray leather, or getting a black leather/vinyl and keeping the panels gray. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the handles, but will most likely be going gray/black. I'm really into car audio, so I'm probably going to keep the red to the stereo, LEDs inside the car, under the hood, and some custom made kick panels for the speakers.

The G is silver in color, but will likely be repainted to some kind of black(NOT the Galant black, though).

My last and final question is, what kind of fabric should I use for the headliner? I want it to be black as well, and I'm not fond of the feel of the factory fabric.
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

sounds like you got a lot of work ahead of you... the only thing i can help u out with is the steering wheel is only illegal if you sell the car w/o the air bag as far as i know. just to let u know black carpet sucks if ur a smoker i have it in my truck and i vaccum it nearly every 2 days. what kinda auido u have going on in there? jw there is a writ around here about painting the pannels btw ill see if i can find it

this isnt the one i rember i was looking 4 the one that speficaly showed u what kind of paint to us but idk check it out if u want to
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ng+door+panels

Why not use an eclipse steering wheel so you dont have to worry about the airbag

Yeah, I plan on eventually giving the car a complete overhaul, including engine/tranny, etc. I'm glad to see that the air bag thing is only an issue if I sell it. I guess I'll just have to reinstall the wheel again if I ever sell it. I'm not a cigarette smoker, and I don't plan on getting in my car with muddy shoes etc., so I don't really think black will be much of an issue.

As for audio, right now I don't have anything special. I have a set of Image Dynamics ID CTX65 coaxials in the front doors, each being powered with 125W RMS at 4 ohms from an older Power Acoustik amp(I took it apart, and it looks really nice "under the hood") with the factory Infinity 6x9s in the rear deck. I've got a decent head unit with changeable crossover points/slopes, HPF, and a few other cool things with 3 sets of 4V preamp outs.

However, I plan on spending $1,000-$1,500 on audio when I'm done. I plan on having 6.5" mid-bass woofers, 3-4" midrange speakers, and tweeters for the front stage being run by a 6 channel amp capable of being active. I haven't taken apart the rear doors so I don't know if there are any holes for speakers, but I plan on getting 6.5" midrange speakers and tweeters in/on them as well, run off of a 4 channel amp. As for sub-80Hz frequencies, I plan on 2 12"'s sealed or 1 12" infinite baffle, with the infinite baffle being at the spot where the passenger seat folds down in the back. I think I'm going to take that whole piece of the seat out, and cleaning the area up with fiberglass or something.

As for actual products, I think I'm going to go with things from Madisound.com -- Morel, Hi-Vi, Fostex, or Scan-Speak -- for the speakers. For the subwoofer(s), depending on what I end up doing, I'll be getting an Exodus Shiva, Dayton HF, Incriminator Audio Flatlyne, or some TC Sounds sub. I'm also considering a custom built subwoofer, built perfectly for what I want, but I'm not sure about my budget yet so I can't really choose.

If you can't tell, I LOVE high fidelity audio. I've got nice headphones, a 100GB music collection in FLAC/Apple Lossless, and have a plan for my home theater audio as well. I think I'm going to try to spend right around $1,000 for that too.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    Why not use an eclipse steering wheel so you dont have to worry about the airbag
    What generation's wheel fits? Do you have a picture I can see so I don't have to search through craigslist/google images to possibly see what you mean? This might end up being what I do, but I want to make sure it won't look like trash. Thanks for even mentioning it, by the way!

Also, to joegalant- Thanks for the tutorial. I've actually looked through a bunch of random tutorials so I'm sure I've seen this or something like this, but again, thanks.
    Last edited by MisterDeadeye; 06-25-2011 at 09:59 PM
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterDeadeye View Post

If you can't tell, I LOVE high fidelity audio. I've got nice headphones, a 100GB music collection in FLAC/Apple Lossless, and have a plan for my home theater audio as well. I think I'm going to try to spend right around $1,000 for that too.
    If you dont mind me asking, how do you plan on playin the FLAC's in a car stereo? Converting them to a lower bitrate mp3/AAC wouldnt obviously be the idea but I haven't really looked into seeing if any Car radios play FLAC. Let alone any MP3 players hold FLAC. Actually I did see 1 player that could play FLAC but it was actually a cheap little $40 mp3 player..Weird indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by AktionCat View Post
    If you dont mind me asking, how do you plan on playin the FLAC's in a car stereo? Converting them to a lower bitrate mp3/AAC wouldnt obviously be the idea but I haven't really looked into seeing if any Car radios play FLAC. Let alone any MP3 players hold FLAC. Actually I did see 1 player that could play FLAC but it was actually a cheap little $40 mp3 player..Weird indeed.
    It's cool. I have a jailbroken iPhone 8GB and iPod Classic 80GB that can play FLAC, but I just use dBpoweramp to convert FLAC to Apple Losslesss. The file sizes are bigger by <1%, so it's not a big deal, and the bit rate stays the same. I usually just listen to the FLAC stuff through Winamp with my headphones, and I've converted almost all of my FLAC music to Apple Lossless, mostly because my head unit, along with -- I think -- every other head unit, cannot play FLAC files. My head unit does play Apple Lossless though.

Here's a CNET page where it talks about MP3 players and FLAC. http://reviews.cnet.com/flac-mp3-players/
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

If you really want it to, you can make anything work, personally I would invest In a quality steering wheel and re-wrap it to match over that one.

I couldnt find a picture of the steering wheel but a 3g eclipse steering wheel will work.And there is this thread here that talks about the eclipse steering wheel.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...steering+wheel

^^^What about EVO? That'd be slick.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    ^^^What about EVO? That'd be slick.
    The evo wheel works to but you need to do a couple of modifications for it to work and you have to figure out the wiring for the airbag.

I was pretty much looking at the same exact steering wheel. But i decided not to do it.

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

just do the eclipse or evo steering wheels. or you can by my JDM steering wheels.LOL

TURBO= in the making.......

Not that much work ahead of you IMO.. pretty simple... jus gonna be a bitch seeing the SRS LIght... i'd stay stock... or evo... i had a chrome flame steering wheel.. i say stick with somethin with an airbad... safety.. vs... wanna be cool... unless this is a track car which i doubt.. i say stick with something with an airbag.. plu i couldnt live with seeing that SRS shit... it killed me everytime i turned her over... here's a pick of the chrome retardedness.... oldschool...

these were taken the day after i got my first 8g...

she was pretty... =(... also the stiffest ride ever.... aftermarket coilovers.. runin 20" rims on Low pros... felt ever fuckn bump in the road.. and any more than 3 people.. rub like no tomm...

sorry kinda drifted off.. i miss er... but ... point it... stay with the stock / evo / or eclipse steering wheel... im def a strong airbag supporter.. its there for a reason.. =)

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Yeah, I definitely understand the multiple reasons for keeping a steering wheel with an airbag.

With that said, what all steering wheels could fit? I've looked at 3G Eclipse wheels(meh..), Evo VI wheels(kind of actually like them), and I've decided that I want to find some kind of Momo stock steering wheel with an airbag.

And this is definitely not a track car, haha. It'll end up being a practical show car, if that makes sense. Unless something goes terribly wrong.
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

if your tired seeing the SRS light just disable the light.

BOBmundo, how did you have such a horrendous front wheel gap on coilovers?

I would like to see a pic of someone with an evo steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian03Galant View Post
    I would like to see a pic of someone with an evo steering wheel.
    Check out my garage!

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/gara...vehicle&id=178

I like it... Never even thought about it