The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Prodigy for a Cause show: 9/25/2011

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Prodigy for a Cause show: 9/25/2011

Outcome wasn't as big as anticipated, mainly due to the "large" chance of rain the news channels kept showing. Too bad it was sunny ALL FREAKIN' DAY.

Here's my crew, Unknown Motorsports:

My Grand Am GT. Yes, with a lot of trophies.

The G, no trophy collection...yet.

My buddy's badass LS1 GTO. Cammed, upgraded drivetrain, rear and lots of high flow bits on the LS1. Makes 430WHP. Won the exhaust competition too.

Rolecall at the end of the show:

Yup, that's a DUALLY Tahoe 2500.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    I see a few red Xs but I did notice that LS1 engine extremely quick. I'm waiting for them to load though.

nice trophies for the GAGT. The Galant will get there, I wish I went to shows to get trophies. It seems like it would be a great time.

Nice pics, glad you shared them, sorry the turn out wasn't so good. If you were closer I would go

edit: that charger is different, but still looking good.
    Last edited by 99 galant; 09-25-2011 at 09:32 PM

Grand Am looking good, love the tails on it. Nice pics Chris!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    I see a few red Xs but I did notice that LS1 engine extremely quick. I'm waiting for them to load though.

nice trophies for the GAGT. The Galant will get there, I wish I went to shows to get trophies. It seems like it would be a great time.

Nice pics, glad you shared them, sorry the turn out wasn't so good. If you were closer I would go

edit: that charger is different, but still looking good.
    Yeah, the Galant has a lot more potential than my GAGT, but being a Mitsu, it's competition is stiff. The FWD Pontiac crowd was rather weak, this was the Galant's third show...it does have a trophy, but I forgot to bring it back out for the shot. lol

The Charger, there's a story behind that. If anyone who's noticed the RIP Sal Gianni decal on my Pontiac's back window, that Charger belongs to Denise Gianni, his mom. The design, is actually from sketches Sal Jr came up with to eventually do himself, but he never did. Denise dug up his old plans, and wanted to go ahead with what Jr wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Grand Am looking good, love the tails on it. Nice pics Chris!
    Thanks man, I can proudly say, my GA is the only one with those tails.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    thats an awesome story behind it, still not a huge fan of it, but the story and the way it was cleanly done deffinately make it worth it

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Nice pix Chris! The GA looks bad ass!

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Experienced TGC Member
    That Hoe better have a D'max in it at least lol

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    thats an awesome story behind it, still not a huge fan of it, but the story and the way it was cleanly done deffinately make it worth it
    Sal Jr loved coming up with schemes and ideas for not just his Scion xA, but anyone else's car he liked. He even had one for my GAGT, he knew I liked simple, he had a navy blue fade to black sketched out, top to bottom. He was hands on too, helped me paint the wheels black the first time, and helped with my engine bay getting blacked out. He was there when my car had a lifter bolt snap, and it misfired like nuts and spent hours with me trying to diagnose the source of the misfire...he was a damn good friend of mine, and it's been over a year, and I still miss him... :/

Nice pix Chris! The GA looks bad ass!
    Thanks, Ally! Seeing the GA cleaned up again, even with the fender damage, I don't feel so glum anymore about owning the car.

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    That Hoe better have a D'max in it at least lol
    Nope, has LQ9 power (6.0L V8). The Tahoe was converted to a dually, this isn't factory. Still beast as hell.

-Chris-

I'll be brutally honest, I can't stand most of this cars, like the GT0, your galant and Grand Am look clean, and the tahoe is cool, but everything else is ugly IMHO.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Nope, has LQ9 power (6.0L V8). The Tahoe was converted to a dually, this isn't factory. Still beast as hell.
    Wait...6.0L gas engine and converted to dually...and that is a "beast?" Definitely would have been cooler and truly a beast with a Duramax honestly...but eh, different strokes for different folks thats for damn sure there...

www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Wait...6.0L gas engine and converted to dually...and that is a "beast?" Definitely would have been cooler and truly a beast with a Duramax honestly...but eh, different strokes for different folks thats for damn sure there...
    The dually conversion wasn't too costly, since he did the majority of the work himself. (it's mainly an axle and driveshaft swap, then adding the flares)

That's a lot of work to swap gas to diesel, and is beyond his means. Not exactly cheap anyway. The LQ9 isn't something to scoff at either, it shares a lot with the LSx motors, and interchangability.

-Chris-

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    The dually conversion wasn't too costly, since he did the majority of the work himself. (it's mainly an axle and driveshaft swap, then adding the flares)

That's a lot of work to swap gas to diesel, and is beyond his means. Not exactly cheap anyway. The LQ9 isn't something to scoff at either, it shares a lot with the LSx motors, and interchangability.
    I am familiar with the dually conversion...have a few sled pulling trucks we have done that too.

LQ9 may not be something to scoff at for you, but then again you are talking about a gas engine pushing 5000lbs+ vs a diesel pushing the same weight...that thing would be straight insane then.

Personally I just won't even bother with a V8 gas engine unless it's in a car...wasted gas in a truck or large SUV

www.blackheartmotors.net