The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant FE?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Galant FE?

I was looking at the classifieds, and I saw 2010 Galant FE. It's not a typo, there were a lot on sale.

I thought there were only 2 models: ES and SE.

What's the difference of the FE from the ES? looks the same as the ES, also has rims....

I think the FE is the fleet edition, used at rental car locations as a rather base model devoid of a lot of features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

^^ He's right the newer models are coming with the "FE" trim which are Fleet versions of their cars, sold to Rental companies. You will find a lot of them for sale second hand, for reasonably cheap prices and high mileage in a very short period.

any one know specific differences? they look exactly alike, rims, radio, power windows...

If you can get the VIN, you can probably get the details from the dealer.

you dont want fleet cars. They're abused and never taken car of.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    you dont want fleet cars. They're abused and never taken car of.
    Sometimes you get lucky, my G was an Enterprise rental before I bought it, it had 31,000 miles in its first year when I bought it, but it had all the maintenance kept up on it, it has 171K on it now, the drivetrain still going strong, all original.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

^^^ Must of slipped through the cracks lol

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I would try to stay away from cars with rental history. People do dumb things to those cars.

But of course it's not all rental cars, you might luck out like Greg and score with a good one.

i have a fe. got it from the dealership i work at. 2010 with 10k miles. body was mint, no exterior scratches, no interior scratch or trunk trim being scratched.
    pro- 16inch alloy rim and the side skirt.
    cons- not prewire for foglight, does not have the cover on the inside of the trunk lid, basic warranty from factory 3/36 and powertrain is 5/60k instead of 5/60 basic 10/100 power.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Sometimes you get lucky, my G was an Enterprise rental before I bought it, it had 31,000 miles in its first year when I bought it, but it had all the maintenance kept up on it, it has 171K on it now, the drivetrain still going strong, all original.
    True, I found out a few years back at a local Mitsu dealer that my car started its life in NY as a rental car for Avis. I got my 2001 G in 2006 with 52,000 miles...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)