The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel Tank Temperature sensor (P0181)

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Fuel Tank Temperature sensor (P0181)

Ok I have the service engine soon light on, on my 2003 mitsubishi galant. The code is P0181 Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance. I never heard of this sensor but according to the haynes manual it is in the fuel pump and only comes in 2002 + models. The car runs great but I was told by the dealer that it is an emissions sensor and will not pass inspection unless fixed. They told me the sensor itself is not serviced seperately and that it is part of the fuel pump itself and in order to fix it I have to replace the fuel pump for 300 dollars. I was not willing to spend that much for something I can do myself so I got the same exact Denso OEM fuel pump for 50 bucks and replaced it myself. After 2 days the light and code came back. Does anyone know what will cause this code and exactly where the sensor is?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

FTS. ummm. that code is very rare. Try to reset the PCM. Disconnect for 15 min the battery. and see if the code comes back. Delete the code via OBD and reset PCM. let us know what happens. Some times the computer will crap out. try resetting it the PCM.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I have reset it like 10 times it comes back after a day or two

I didn't know we had that. I'm stumped...