The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Prothane Insert Kit 13-1904

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Prothane Insert Kit 13-1904

Hey if anyone is interested, amazon.com has the prothane insert kit for the eclipse, which is the same kit for us I've been told, for $21.50! Save some money and order one, I did. Only like 9 left I believe.

http://www.amazon.com/Prothane-13-19...7674484&sr=8-2

Seriously, a great deal. You should jump on this before I post in Club3g!!!! hahahaha

I just ordered a set

Damn Great deal i just ordered a set and I signed up for free amazon prime. So that means I paid that price but second day shipping free!!!

Yeah, wasn't sure about what prime was bug decided to just not deal with a headache of signing up for something then having to possibly cancel.

I can't wait for them to show. Ive gone thru too many mounts. I actually filled my front and rear with polyurethane and have been happy. Last time the roll stops busted that caused the trans mount to fail and I've needed to replace it for a while. Get a nice squeal/squeak when stopped and idling on gear. Will be nice to get this done.!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should buy 2 more and eBay them to make a few bucks........

Gonna get some in the AM...
    -Andrew

Just showed, no it looks like some wrenching in my near future.....

same here bro. my kit just showed today, only thing I'm lost is the one that's not in a box, looks like it get sandwiched in with the old mount intact,

That's exactly what it does. It's for the rear engine mount.

I got mine last wednesday. The funny looking one is for the rear mount. You just put it over the stock one. DO NOT PRESS THE REAR MOUNT OUT LEAVE IT INTACT!!!

u have urs installed yet

I bought my set from horsepowerfreaks.com 112$$ total shipped....
    Thomas R aka Valpen
    --------------------
    CEO & Eventmanager
    Mitsubishi Club Sweden

Former New yorker....
    94-10 60th Ave
    113 73 Elmhurst, NY
    School PS13 - then moved to Europe

Danm ask for ur money back and get it threw amazon if its still on sale

Amazon dont ship to europe... only thru amazom.co.uk but I bought my parts while I was in New york and it was chunk change since the $$ ani't worth much nowadays...
    Thomas R aka Valpen
    --------------------
    CEO & Eventmanager
    Mitsubishi Club Sweden

Former New yorker....
    94-10 60th Ave
    113 73 Elmhurst, NY
    School PS13 - then moved to Europe

I was hoping to get em done but have been busy with work. Won't get to it until Friday.

Ok, Im gonna try to do a picture tut on this because I cant find any, anywhere, but that said, dont hold me to it

Anyway, I got to doing this today and came across what is a somewhat known problem, but no one really has anything to say about it. The rear mount from a 3g eclipse and an 8g Galant are NOT the same, supposedly they are but they ARE NOT! so my rear prothane insert is useless as is right now. I took my rear mount down to a parts store and compared it to a 3g eclipse 4cyl Auto rear mount and boy what a difference. The 3g eclipse mount is even flimsier than our mount!

Its center rubber strip is even thinner than ours, thus why the inserts wont go in mine. So the dilema is do I spend $42 on the mount, which other than the rubber is identical, or spend hours removing rubber from my mount to make the inserts fit.

Well since Im broke, it looks like widdling away at rubber into the wee hours of the morning for me.

Also, what a PITA to get the cross member out, at least for me.

well I new that was gona be the issue butt couldn't find a deff answer as well, I did how ever order new rear and trans mount not to long ago and my rear mount is alrdy broke, I did order it off eBay so who's to say I'm ok, ill find out this weekend, for my trans I plan to get an old mount out of the JY for 10$, the pass and front well they are alrdy solid from woindow urithane, I cheaped out but I do have a new front mount untouched

derrick
    i got the front and the upper right one in ....im going to wait on the other two for when i do my 5spd swap here soon but from what im hearing im going have to buy a new rear motor mount and a new upper left mount also for the 5spd mount for the f5m42 trans....

Well, it took me 3 hrs to do them. Which my understanding is thats not that bad for not having a shop press or a bench vise. Just some nice blocks of wood, rubber mallet, hammer and a nice flat-head screwdriver.

It was a pain but i was expecting it to be impossibly difficult. All it took was some light cutting on the ring, some pounding and prying with the hammer/screwdriver and the rings come out.

The rear was another story. I had to completely modify the rear for the inserts, but thats another post all together.

HEED the warnings of others though, they are not whinning or exagerating when they say if vibrates the S**T out of the car. At idle its ridiculous. And some of the lower RPMs below 2000 you get a nice drone. So Im gonna give them a few weeks and see if they soften up like everyone says, and see if I can live with it, but I dont know. This is still my DD so I may just end up getting OEM replacements and put these in later when I do the whole Swap/Turbo down the road.

Seriously, I thought everyone was exagerating with the vibration but its bad. I've had other cars with prothane's that did not vibrate this bad. Its not good...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast