The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Prothane Insert Kit 13-1904

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdyprouty View Post
    The rear mount from a 3g eclipse and an 8g Galant are NOT the same, supposedly they are but they ARE NOT! so my rear prothane insert is useless as is right now
    They are the same, the reason the prothane mounts are a tight fit is so when you have a shop press them in, the tighten up the stock mount so as not to allow any movement. I installed mine myself on the rear motor mounts for my 8g with the 3g kit.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I think over the shelf parts are alittle different then oem parts, ill stop at the parts store and take a few picks to compare to clear this up

Yep, I'm 99% sure these mounts are coming out and being saved until further mods done, like turbo. So much for trying to save a few bucks in the short term. But I got a great deal, needed the new mounts anyway, and now have the experience on the work involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you are 5 speed you should not do this it has adverse affects on the auto. Also the front bolt needs to go to a bigger size if you didn't do this it won't benefit you at all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12