The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Twin Turbo Conversion to Single Turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    your stock turbos are 13b or 13g, im not sure, but for a single turbo conversion to a 2.oL v6 i'd start with at least 16g if not a 50 trim turbo
    Curios where does the T25 fit in
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Ahh yeah thats true didn't even think about that. So what do you guys recommend? Putting the turbo at the front or the back? I would need to custom make new intake manifolds etc wouldn't I?
    Gizz a hoon!

Custom is best yu can put you name on it. The email failed mmm add the pics as an attachment ...hey do you have the diamond edition bumpers in NZ

Me I'm a lil of both

no t25 is not a direct bolt on, plus its the worthless turbo ever.

no custom intake manifold is needed, just new intercooler piping

you can start by deciding ho much money you want to spend on the turbo. shop around the NZ car forums and see what turbo you can find
    Last edited by mko; 10-04-2011 at 02:37 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

So thats all I will need to buy? Is new intercooler piping? I can just use one of my turbos I already have?
    Gizz a hoon!

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    no t25 is not a direct bolt on, plus its the worthless turbo ever.

no custom intake manifold is needed, just new intercooler piping
    I asked about the T25 because I have one ill be putting to work on my g I was just curious as to where it falls in 13 14 16 thing you mentioned its from a GSX. Well why do you say it's worthless?

Me I'm a lil of both

well since you want to go from 2 to 1 turbo, there will be some extra piping with no use in the engine bay and since things will kind of be relocated you'll most def. need new ic piping

Build Thread

Have sent you an email master_visionary
    Gizz a hoon!

it pushes less air than 14b and it cant support the 4g64 after 5k rpms. it just runs out of air. the most i've seen is 300 out of 2.0L dsm and it made that much just because of the awesome tune it had.

Build Thread

Have you done any other work to the car to make going single turbo worth while or is it basically stock? There is no point in jumping to a big single turbo setup if you don't have any supporting mods to back it up. Also, given that you're still just running 2.0 L, I wouldn't go too big on that turbo. The longer exhaust runners required will likely make it spool slower than a similar size turbo on the 2.0 4 cylinder. Are there NZ members who have gone single turbo? I honestly doubt it would be worth the time/money versus a small upgrade to your twin turbo setup and some good supporting mods. Do you know what the bolt pattern on your turbo looks like? Would a pair of 14b turbos bolt up? They are dirt cheap here in the USA, probably the same there or nearby. If they don't bolt right up the exhaust housings may be interchangeable. Just things to explore before diving off the deep end.

Also, do you use your weekend warrior for back road fun or for drag racing? For drag a big single turbo probably makes sense but for anything else staying twin turbo for the quicker spool will likely serve you better.

EDIT: Noticed the T25 won't bolt up so the 14b won't either. I'd still check into swapping housings around if possible.
    Last edited by eclipsh; 10-09-2011 at 02:37 PM
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

i think the manifolds have 3 bolt pattern just like the 3000gt turbo and they have some variation of 13g turbo. the most common upgrade for 3000gt's are twin 15g out of volvo

Build Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12