The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Which wheels?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Which wheels?

9g Baby!

I like the first one. They look like my wheels except mine are Wedsport SA-70.

TURBO= in the making.......

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    I say Rota G-Force
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

neither, but if u have to, the second wheel's dimensions sound like it will fit better (to fill out the big wheel wells of the 9g better) although the bolt pattern is wrong. both r knockoffs, fyi.
    Last edited by Reelax; 10-04-2011 at 02:52 AM

1. you need EITHER more/thicker spokes OR a brake upgrade.
    2. not sure if the galant is different but ive never seen a 380 running 9.5" wide rims, infact i dont remember 9" wide rims. my two sets of 20"s were both 8" wide and most guys in aus run 8.5"
    3. to fill out wheel wells you need diameter not width! 18s wont cut it. the 9g/380 wheel wells make every rim look an inch smaller than it is.
    4. again based on a 380, (i believe there is no difference) but we've found the offset sweet spot to be somewhere between +35 an +41, my first 20s were +35 and my current ones are +37
    5. you people need to write dates in the correct format :D... i thought i was threadmining a post from april!
    6. point 5 is in jest :P
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

^ Um, #5 we are correct. Everywhere else is ass backwards. Even
    Mexico and I'm from there BTW.

IMO neither. Needs Advan RS's in dark gun metallic.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 10-11-2011 at 06:35 AM

I agree with point 5.

I write the dates as 11/10/11 (for today) on everything except documents that other fat people (Americans) need to understand

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    I have a set of this you might be interested in with 80-90% 245/45/18 falken tires

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WORK-...5#ht_500wt_895

Let me know if your interested. Its been a while since i put it on on my 9g.

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    i agree with point 5.

I write the dates as 11/10/11 (for today) on everything except documents that other fat people (americans) need to understand
    lmao!

Split spokes like the second link would look great. But look for other brands, and NOT on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormie View Post
    1. you need EITHER more/thicker spokes OR a brake upgrade.
    2. not sure if the galant is different but ive never seen a 380 running 9.5" wide rims, infact i dont remember 9" wide rims. my two sets of 20"s were both 8" wide and most guys in aus run 8.5"
    3. to fill out wheel wells you need diameter not width! 18s wont cut it. the 9g/380 wheel wells make every rim look an inch smaller than it is.
    4. again based on a 380, (i believe there is no difference) but we've found the offset sweet spot to be somewhere between +35 an +41, my first 20s were +35 and my current ones are +37
    5. you people need to write dates in the correct format :D... i thought i was threadmining a post from april!
    6. point 5 is in jest :P
    Holy lord, this needed to be attended to.

1) big meaty looking spokes need to stay in the 90's where they belong.
    2) if the guy runs coilovers, and modifies accordingly, I don't see why a 9.5" width not fitting. But that would be a damn wide tire.
    3) this is so wrong, I wanted to kick the neighbor's dog. Want to fill out the wheel well? Drop and aggressive offset. I guess it's just you Aussies that like giant wheel gap.
    4) I'm not 100% sure of the 9G's stock offset, but my guess would be around +35 looking nice on one.
    5) Damn upsidedownland, you do drive on the wrong side of the road anyway. :P

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Split spokes like the second link would look great. But look for other brands, and NOT on eBay.

2) if the guy runs coilovers, and modifies accordingly, I don't see why a 9.5" width not fitting. But that would be a damn wide tire.
    3) this is so wrong, I wanted to kick the neighbor's dog. Want to fill out the wheel well? Drop and aggressive offset. I guess it's just you Aussies that like giant wheel gap.
    4) I'm not 100% sure of the 9G's stock offset, but my guess would be around +35 looking nice on one.
    Dont want to clutter up the thread, but i would like to explain where im coming from...
    1. i said more or bigger the point was you want to hide the pathetic little brakes hiding behind your flash new rims! there are some quite nice 20ish spoke designs that would do nicely
    2. On a 9g options for coilovers are pretty limited i think you'll find of those with modified suspension on a 9g/380 98%+ are running lowered springs and maybe some uprated shocks. the options just arent there like they are for the 8g.
    3. not 100% sure but i think the difference in opinion here might be partially due to the scene we view the cars in. in australia the 380 was a large sedan, to compete against the falcon/commodore (the family muscle cars) so we tend to modify them as we would a falcon or a commodore. basically the goal is to have the top of the tyre flush with the top of the wheel arch and maybe a little tuck on the rear.
    whereas you guys tend to mod your galants as we would mod a 'jdm' car like a lancer or a civic etc ie the aggressive offsets, generally smaller diameter, with a lightweight (sensible!) focus on rims.
    4. the 380 stock offset from memory is +38 assume the galant would be the same.
    5. Pretty sure you just drive on that side of the road because you wanted to differentiate yourselves from the British! (who we were still a colony of at the time lol)
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post

1) Thick spokes are rad.
    2) 8.5j is fine for a 9g
    3) 18's do look tiny on 9g's
    4) Stock is +46ish iirc
    5) RHD vs. LHD = NBD.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    I have a set of this you might be interested in with 80-90% 245/45/18 falken tires

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WORK-...5#ht_500wt_895

Let me know if your interested. Its been a while since i put it on on my 9g.
    Whats the offset? Are they gunmetal like the in the eBay link?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

I'll let the wheel gurus approve on the sizing but here's my suggestion overall...
    http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rim...2520Black.html and anyone can take it from there.

And my reason for suggesting..I like the color combo on silver and I think its a clean wheel overall. Only example I could find... http://rangeroverwheels.net/images/w...Wheels-888.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Whats the offset? Are they gunmetal like the in the eBay link?
    yes. 18x8.5 -30.

same wheels as stewe but im not sure what his size/offsets are.

Stewi is 18x8.5 +25

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    yes. 18x8.5 -30.

same wheels as stewe but im not sure what his size/offsets are.
    Clear your PM's, Your inbox is full...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

email me. [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast