The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need advice for Audio System issues - HELP!

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Icon5 Need advice for Audio System issues - HELP!

Hi,

Had an issue with the factory installed system and could not get anywhere with the Mits dealer in locating a replacement at a decent price. So I went to an audio dealer and had a Kenwood system installed. Ever since then I get massive signal interference from power lines and even crosstalk from the cars electrical system coming through the speakers.

I took this back to the audio dealer and NOW they say this is common with aftermarket systems and that I'll have to live with it. Their explanation is that Mits audio systems have custom filters installed to cancel out the problems I'm experiencing with my Kenwood. There may be some truth to this, but I cannot accept that there is no solution to my problem.

Does anyone here have a solution to my issue?

When you say "Kenwood System" do you mean full system with amps and speakers or just a new radio?

It sounds like you are experiencing what is called engine noise, and no you do not have to live with it.

Crap another double post. Might as well make something of it. EDIT

Do you have infinity sound?

Icon4 Yes, I bought a complete system

Yeah, I got a new receiver and speakers. The only thing I did not purchase was an amp because it was an 'add-on' that was overpriced. I then took my car to the 'so-called' best car audio shop in my area and they said there was nothing they could do. I went there because the tech I spoke with said the wiring was botched and it was an easy fix; then I arrived and you know the rest...

It's more than just engine noise. At times when I use the AC, I get crosstalk from the control which stops when I turn the AC off. And when I get below power lines it's useless to listen and I have to shut it off. The interference even occurs on FM. What really blows is the problems are not consistant. Sometimes I'll have decent reception on the receiver and without warning everything goes south...

FYI, if I'm playing a CD or MP3 the sound is great.

Bottom line - I'm tired of dealer lies. I want answers and solutions, so hit me back,

Thanks!
    Last edited by dasd; 10-10-2011 at 08:23 PM

Do you have the infinity Sound?

Based on what you have said, it is possible that they didn't ground your radio properly and the only ground it receives is from the antenna which will explain the interference. Especially since you don't get it on CD. It is a common mistake an inexperienced tech will make. The factory mitsu harness doesn't have ground even though the aftermarket plug-in does. If you know how to pull your own radio I suggest you check it out if not I could personally help you if you make the drive to my buddies audio and performance shop in Palm Springs.

Icon4 That's what I thought it was...

Improper wiring and grounding of the unit. I asked if that was the issue both at the install place and the second dealer...

I knew they were either incompetent or lying because they did not know what to do. More likely a combination of both...

I'll pm you for more info and thanks!