The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: rotors not warped... so what is it???!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 47

rotors not warped... so what is it???!!!

Ok so a little over a year ago I almost got in an accident so I had to do a really fast lane change to avoid the car infront of me. Sadly as I did that I curb checked my car BAD! I got a flat tire, my rim got completely ruined, my alignment went to crap, and to top it all off I have a bad vibration when I brake. I fixed the suspension on all four sides, you name it I fixed it! Re-aligned my car with all four brand new tires. And changed the rotors and brakes on my fronts. A year later I'm still having trouble with my brakes vibration and I mean its bad! I took it to my mechanic and he says its the lower ball joint that I need to replace... I guess I missed that... But is that really what it might be? It only vibrates when I brake. When I drive its fine no problems. I can go 20mph n brake slowly n it still brakes like crap. Please help I need this changed I'm getting new rims n I don't want the thread of my tires go to waste in a matter of months...

Wheel bearing? Yeah maybe here do this even if your not mechanically inclined

Take off the wheel

Shake each component tie rods control arm rotor caliper

Nothing should shake move a LITTLE yeah but not wobble or shake

If all is tight ooh do you have ABS if so a ABS sensor could be trippin
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Read for the fourth time check out that bearing and ABS sensor if applicable

Me I'm a lil of both

You probably bent something, like the control arm. Also, if you don't mount the new rotor on a flat surface it will warp faster. Basically, what I mean by flat surface is the small imperfections of built up rust on the hub, go over it with and air sander or wire brush.

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    Read for the fourth time check out that bearing and ABS sensor if applicable
    How can I find out if im applicable? I know my car but not that well sadly I really need this done

Do you have abs

Me I'm a lil of both

That's the thing idk if I do or not how can I find out?

Hit like 35 and slam on the brakes if you skid you don't if your wheels never lock than you my friend have ABS well go from there

Me I'm a lil of both

I tried n shook the components you mentioned but nothing bugged man this is frustrating... I wish my car could talk lol

Did you do the hard stop?

Like I said I think you need a wheel bearing

Me I'm a lil of both

What do you mean by that? Elaborate please

Similar event happened to a friend of mine a few years ago.

Wacked a curb at +35mph. Bent control arm, cracked wheel, cracked spindle. You only replaced the tires? And the shop told you nothing of a bent wheel? Bent control arm? Bad service on that shop's part.

What wheels are these? Steel, factory alloys, aftermarket?

There's a lot of missing info here.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

i'm gonna say you tweaked a control arm or the spindle itself

i knew some one who bent the subframe too in a simillar incident

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Similar event happened to a friend of mine a few years ago.

Wacked a curb at +35mph. Bent control arm, cracked wheel, cracked spindle. You only replaced the tires? And the shop told you nothing of a bent wheel? Bent control arm? Bad service on that shop's part.

What wheels are these? Steel, factory alloys, aftermarket?

There's a lot of missing info here.
    YEA just the tires the rim they said was still ok eventhough it got really chipped on the edges. Yes they are factory alloy wheels. And all they told me was that I needed to change the ball joint not the whole control ARM

Quote Originally Posted by drm3613 View Post
    YEA just the tires the rim they said was still ok eventhough it got really chipped on the edges. Yes they are factory alloy wheels. And all they told me was that I needed to change the ball joint not the whole control ARM
    Wacking a curb, and no bent/cracked wheel, or bent arm? Still sounds fishy as hell. bad ball joint can cause play, but you hit a solid object at a decent speed...something isn't adding up.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

When I said my rim got chipped I mean it got REALLY CHIPPED. The whole one side of the rim was almost practically gone but not cracked though

When I said my rim got chipped I mean it got REALLY CHIPPED. The whole one side of the rim was almost practically gone but not cracked though
    Rim is off balance. There's one issue.

-Chris-

do you know how many suspension components are underneath and could have been damaged? you know how many arms there are?

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    do you know how many suspension components are underneath and could have been damaged? you know how many arms there are?
    Exactly my thoughts...the shop the OP's going to doesn't sound very good...

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Rim is off balance. There's one issue.
    this would vibrate constantly. not under braking

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast