The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wastgate swap acheived : Project YardDog

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

wastgate swap acheived : Project YardDog

Here is the T25 that. I will be using in my setup.

I have done my research and found that the 4G64 will overspool the turbine due to its higher displacement and c/r . As well as the lateness of the stock wastegate at 15 psi.
    Opening the gate at boost is too late to check the higher pressure/flow of the 4G64 if pushed . Lets be honest what's the fun in a boosted g you can't push. I figure if i get a lower psi actuator the wastegate will open sooner thus slowing the spool of the turbo. Here's the thing tho the T25 made 14psi stock I'm looking to maintain around 10 so I am really not worried about the slowed spool. Research tells me the T25/4G64 will reach 15psi around 3k with this open late mod I am sure I can make 10 at 3500 so here's my fix

This is a MUCH smaller IHI VF turbo I had laying around I don't know what its wastegate opens at psi wise but the arm is significantly easier to pull. So I put 2 and 2 together. Literally :-)

then using this piece of metal from the back of a brake pad

a hammer nail screw bolt socket and wire cutters .... I made this :-)

Well it opens and closes the gate properly and its good and tight but I made it more to see if I could with what I had and get an idea of what I needed to make than planning on using it in the build.

SO ITS OFFICIAL WASTEGATES CAN BE SWAPPED THE QUESTION IS ARE YOU BROKE ENOUGH TO NEED TO? AND CREATIVE ENOUGH TO PULL IT OFF?
    Last edited by master_visionary; 10-15-2011 at 01:57 AM
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    just get a 14b please. 8 psi stock and more power than 15 on the t25 and u can push a 14b pretty far
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Look this shit was free master visionary is my name because I always make a way with what I have at my disposal. I live in Omaha Nebraska the tuning scene is minuscule and of that the tuners are mostly pompous or ricers the person I got it from only had it cause he scrapped a GSX and mistakingly thought the turbo was worth selling separate. Had it for years gave it to me my innovation is what makes me the visionary and if you doubt that watch from the sidelines I know my shit and if I had access to a 14b I'd use it although the 16g is best

Me I'm a lil of both

lol!! ^^^ Okayyyy

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yeah this my passion I'm just too broke to pursue it so when people tell me I should get this or shoulda used that its like dude. I'm broke. . I need advice on how to make what I have work not

Please just get a 14b
    I'm like
    Please mail me one

To galanttuner10 I ain't tryna say I don't want your input but I'm the homeless Guy eating bread and you told him please just get a Burger .. btw I love your DE front I think its a great look for the 7G
    Last edited by master_visionary; 10-15-2011 at 08:54 AM

Me I'm a lil of both

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    just get a 14b please. 8 psi stock and more power than 15 on the t25 and u can push a 14b pretty far
    Oh but I am curious why does the 14b make more power at lower psi than the T25 at 15

Me I'm a lil of both

I understand what you are saying, but I would never put anything like that on my car. If you want a t25 use the stock wastegate. I wouldn't trust that. If you go to a 14b or 16g you will be under 10 psi no questionable parts like how that wastegate is now and room for improvement later. I understand passion as working on cars is my life, but I just want you to think it through and have a setup that when it goes in you will be happy with and have room for improvement with. I started wanting a 14b so I got a 14b then i got a small 16g then a big 16g and then decided I wanted more thinking about potential etc and a made the b16g into a 20g. I don't think the t25 will make you happy for long and I don't wan you to have to go back in there and change everything.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Thanks this is my t and e engine. I can get 4G64 engines for 150 all day but I can't even find a 16g around here but if you got one of your old turbos maybe I could just pay shipping

Me I'm a lil of both

If I were you, find a blown big 16g that has not hit the fins on the wall. A rebuild kit is 45 bucks and they are easy to rebuild. A small 16g and 14b are so close in stats and I will check to see with all my spare turbo parts I can make a small 16g or 14b. I have extra wheels of both.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Ok I have a GST oil pan but I need a drain line. I will post a Craigslist add and se if I can find a 16G someone has blown and will just give me

Me I'm a lil of both

Remember t25 uses a 2g return line a 14b/16g uses a 1g return and the feed lines are different
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Ok thanks you got ay parts you could throw in a flat rate box and sent my way

Me I'm a lil of both