The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Newbie shout out and 7g question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Newbie shout out and 7g question

Hey guys. Been a lurker in tgc for quite some time now and finally came up with the balls to say hey. Haha. I'm Justin and I'm from the Philippines. My dad had a 7g galant ss which I used daily and I just fell in love with that particular model. Sadly we had to sell it and have been wanting one again ever since. Seeing as this forum houses some of the best galant tuners, it's only fitting that I direct my question here. Sorry if I posted my question with the shout out. Please delete if I'm not allowed to do this...

Here in manila as far as I can tell only 2 models of the 7g were released.

The Mitsubishi galant super saloon which is a fwd 2.0 liter 4g63 engine and the VR which is a 2.0 liter fwd 6a12. Both came in auto and manual. The VR though had the awesome three spoke steering wheel and those climate control thingys on the evo 5. So far that's all I know of the 7g... Hope it's right! Haha!

Anyways which do you guys think of the 2 would be better to get for a daily driver slash weekend track day car?

And also which would be easier to install.. A 4g63t awd or a 6a12tt would they mate easily on the models above? Which would be easier to maintain and get parts for? Which of the 2 would be easier to live with? Is there a limit to how many questions I can ask per post? Lol!

Not really sure on price and availability of the 2 half cuts over here. Hope some of you pinoy tgc members can help me out...

Thanks so much you guys. Please keep up the good work for all us newbie galant lovers!

day car?

Welcome to TGC! I don't know much about the 7G myself, but someone with knowledge will welcome you and get you going in the right direction. Enjoy your stay!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    welcome. and i think a 4g63t would be easiest to get parts for and work on from how easy i think they are to work on and more room and more modding capabilities
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

i do believe you guys were offered the vr-4

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Welcome to TGC..

heya fellow Pinoy...welcome to TGC!