The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Battery Drain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 67 of 67
    I'd say you found your drain.

In my experience batteries will self "recharge" when just sitting. I don't think they are really recharging but rather returning to their normal voltage per cell after use (as long as the cells are in good condition).

Personally I'd go ahead and report the suspension failure to the NTSB. I' suspect if enough people continue to report repeated failures of the same suspension component, we could see another recall. If nothing else it should make Mits gun shy about blowing folks off who report a repeat of an already known defect. How many miles on your car since Mits did the recall? Also, did they replace the arm or just inspect it and call it good. In the original recall they were to replace the ones that were bad and reseal the joint on the one that were okay. They really didn't have much incentive to do anything but call it good and reseal it unless it was absolutely obvious it was close to failure. I know several folks on the forms have had this failure after having their cars inspected/repaired under the recall.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

ugh well i thought i found the drain but i guess not. I had the drive side power window module out during that time, thought it was fixed so i put it back in, day or so later battery was low again, so i removed window module again and seemed to be good. well jumped it/drove it friday, left it sat and went to check it today and it was down to like 3.5v (window module out) so im at a loss again. Jumped it and drove it around little. been off for while and sitting at like 12.10v I did do an amp check again and with meter between battery and positive cable its pulling about .50-.54. Im about ready to throw in the towel, running out of ideas.

Go back and pull fuses while watching what is happening when they are pulled. Once you find you no longer have a drain because a certain fuse is out you have pinpointed the cause. Once you know the system that is causing the drain you can focus on fixing or eliminating it.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

do you have an aftermarket alarm? Also, the dome light (do 7g's have this?) will drain power for 10 sec after the last door is closed. Also, the hood trigger (do 7g's have this?) will also pull some voltage

No alarm but thanks for bringing up the door thing, ive been meaning to ask. I pulled the bulbs but before i could turn the dome light on if i set to on, but its never turned on with the door open, could that be some type of short or something? Going outside to check fuses to see if theres something for dome and then take a reading.

PS yesterday had to jump my car twice, on the way to work i ran by autozone and had them test electrical just to make sure alternator was working, they showd my battery was bad so got it replaced (4th time this yr) under warranty. Went to work yesterday and car has been sitting about 19hrs and reads 12.63v I did pull dome fuse (little lights inside roof dont come on now but I also noticed my power locks dont work now, are they tied together? or did my master control switch finally go out?

Went out to double check some things and noticed something, first off I was wrong door locks still have power, can lock/unlock from passenger side, looks like driver side master is going out. 2nd the fuse i removed under hood was labeled Room which killed the dome light, but I also noticed the clock is off and my stereo wont turn on, it does have power (when i remove face plate i see red light on) Should stereo and clock be tied to that fuse? or is there something hooked up wrong. As far as the stereo it was already in when i got the car, it is using a harness adapter though to the stock harness so no wires are cut but guess ill have to check tomorrow after work if any of the wires are hooked up wrong between the 2 adapters. Any suggestions? Thanks again for all the help

Oh yeah there anyway to clean the board in the master window control? Looks like hard water stains or do I have to replace it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234