The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel line fix

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Fuel line fix

I have had this same fuel line leak on 2 different 7g's and a 2g gsx so if it hasn't happened to you yet I am pretty sure it will eventually. It is the pressure line coming out of the tank. The following is how I replaced mine on the cheap.
    Start safely and depressurize fuel system.
    Disconnect the line under the car first using two wrenches.

Then pull the rear seat bottom and remove 4 screws that cover the fuel pump access.

Pull cover and it will look like this.

Using two wrenches disconnect rubber line from hard line coming from the tank. Fitting is fixed on the hard line so don't try to turn it, just hold it steady and twist the rubber hose off. Grind a slit in the old clamps being careful not to go to deep and knock the clamps off with punch and hammer.
    New line and old line side by side.

Cost was under $5, used less than 1' of new 5/16 fuel hose and 4 of these clamps

Picked up the 1/2 pex clamps from Lowes and I already had the cv joint clamp pliers which are basically the same thing as the pex tool.
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 10-23-2011 at 08:33 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Despite owning five 7g, I've never had the fuel leak you mention but I love the fix. It's probably just a matter of time.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL