The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dust Repel Wax/Detailer?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Dust Repel Wax/Detailer?

What do you guys think?

Finish Kare 425:
    Anti-Static Detail Spray:
    Finish Kare- 425 Spray Detailer – http:// www.fk1usa.comis produced with polymer resins, lubricants, Ulra violet radiation (UVR) inhibitors and patented anti-static agents that gently remove fingerprints, smudges, and other light contaminates while creating reduced dust attraction. For use on paint, glass, chrome, gel coat, fibreglass and Plexiglas (See also Car Duster)

Note- the use of polyester towels and friction on any surface will cause static, this can be avoided by using a 100% cotton towel (http//:www.DFTowel.com)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31oz-Finish-...c#ht_704wt_685

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Try it and let us know? Looks like it would be a good product. You could sign up to a detailing forum

Maybe on a show car or non-daily. I would be a bit curious how it would hold up under weathering.

I'll give it a try. I just hate washing my car and not even 3-4 hours later or first trip down any road it has a film of dust on it. Takes away from the glossy =P

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

i hate that too but i dnt have to worry about it right now lol
    but try it and let us know plz sir

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    I'll give it a try. I just hate washing my car and not even 3-4 hours later or first trip down any road it has a film of dust on it. Takes away from the glossy =P
    LOL I got that problem too, its called don't live on a gravel road.... But not all of us can do that....

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member
    My problem is that, i wash my car and then drive my 4 wheeler around the yard like an idiot and it gets dirty again. Not like i have to worry about getting dust on it from driving it being that i only put MAYBE 3k a year on the car lol

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    You should consider yourself lucky, out here in this crappy desert, as I'm drying I can already see dust settling on the car.

Don't expect miracles from a detailer spray if you didn’t prepare the paint.
    Dust will still be settling on the paint.

By preparing the paint I mean:
    1. wash the car;
    2. Claybar the paint (removing all contaminants and restore a smooth surface);
    3. wax the paint.

Now you can easily remove dust (in most cases) just with water from a hose. To avoid swirl marks you might consider using foam.

The foam encapsulates dust, sand and other dirt thus preventing scratches while washing. You need a foam lance, suitable shampoo and pressure washer like this one:

Leave the car a few minuts after applying the foam and then rinse off. When properly waxed and only polluted with dry dust, it’ll be clean again. If not, washing is a piece off cake. 90% of the dirt is already removed by the foam.

Believe me, you’ll make a lot of friends when foaming.

I'm not familiair with the Finish Kare brand. Normaly I use Meguiars or Mothers detailerspray.
    Remember to wash the car before applying a detailerspray and use a microfiber cloth when applicable.

Bad-ass. Thanks! Thought I'm not sure the product I was referring to is a foam detailer. I could be wrong, but I understood that it went on a freshly waxed car *Shrugs*

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You're correct, Finish Kare is not a foam detailer. You can and should use it on a waxed car.
    But only after you washed the dust off. Otherwise you'll risk scratching the paint. Just spray on and wipe off.
    Foaming is, or can be, part of the washing process.
    Last edited by CvWNL; 10-26-2011 at 08:42 AM

haha I wash my car religiously to prevent scratches. She even has her own orange washing mitt lol.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I'm Jealous. A colour matching Washmitt.

I’m using Meguiars Last Touch spray detailer. One of the best detailer spray’s I know. Diluted with water in a 1:1 ratio also usable as clay lube. 20 dollars per gallon in the US. I wish I could buy it for such a low price in Europe.
    Last edited by CvWNL; 10-26-2011 at 09:13 AM