The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oil Pressure Light and Winding sound

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Oil Pressure Light and Winding sound

Ran low on oil today so i dropped it off at the shop for a quick oil change, i didn't have time to do it myself cuase im at school... but i had them switch to Synthetic and everything was fine. but now i drove 5 miles and the oil light comes on when i let the car idle but as soon as i give it gas it goes off... now there is a winding sound like a weedwacker coming at high RPMS specifically around 3 to 5, when i take my foot off the gas around 3 it goes away. im hoping its nothing bad. im bringing it back to the shop tomorrow. bright and early but id like to know what im in for. not to mention im pissed at this. im at 71--- miles. should i need a tune up and belt change or is it early? hoping its not anything bad... praying!

Did you check your dippstick for oil level prior to leaving?

Yeah everything seemed fine. but now im hearing that it might be the oil pump. i told the shop that did my oil change and they said to bring it in so they can take a look. but the winding sound is what is getting me nervous.

Known plague 9G. You have a defective sensor of oil pressure. It is necessary to verify the mechanical pressure sensor. The sensor is placed on the reverse side of the engine, at the bottom. Instead it is necessary to attach a mechanical pressure sensor and check the pressure. Oil pressure at idle speed should be not less than 0,8 atmosphere. The engine must be warm. If the pressure is higher, it is necessary to replace the faulty sensor. I know there are 8 cases of malfunction of the pressure sensor.
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

What the mechanic put. 5w30 or 10w30? How many miles on car right now?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by stayer View Post
    Known plague 9G. You have a defective sensor of oil pressure. It is necessary to verify the mechanical pressure sensor. The sensor is placed on the reverse side of the engine, at the bottom. Instead it is necessary to attach a mechanical pressure sensor and check the pressure. Oil pressure at idle speed should be not less than 0,8 atmosphere. The engine must be warm. If the pressure is higher, it is necessary to replace the faulty sensor. I know there are 8 cases of malfunction of the pressure sensor.
    Yea, your the closest to it. I checked the oil while the car was running and the pump showed it was still working and there was no bad knocking sound. Turns out the sensor may be bad... i had a feeling this was a typical problem haha.. what about the winding sound that i am hearing, is it just the heat shield like im hoping?

Yes, thermal shields can rattle and emit an unpleasant sound. It happens due to the metal corrosion. You should check all the bolts. The fault is treated the replacement of the thermal shield.
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

Well, had the car on the highway... Needless to say it didn't end well... Blew the engine doing 80?? Turns out the pump couldn't bring the oil up quick enough and a piston ring fried and it didn't end well... Oh the awesomeness haha... Picked up a new engine should have the G back on the road. I think I am gonna go back to doing the oil myself again.