The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NewZealand Gen8 Galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26

Icon2 ...so far, with my daily driver, run-about car I'm building...

I striped my 4G93 GDI block. I drilled 2 holes in the block and taped one for the oil cooler and I drilled 4 holes in the block for the oil jets under the crank bearings that squirt the piston crown. I put oil jets, part number: MD109259 into the holes. Then put new bearings in and bolted the crank back in.
    I got the 4 GDI pistons pressed off their conrods and pressed the 4 dished pistons off the 4G93 turbo on to the GDI conrods, the turbo rods where P's and Q's, the GDI rods where all I's. All the rods look exactly the same. Week and thin.
    I drilled out the GDI oil pump and taped it for 2 grub screws. I screwed two grub screws into the threads to direct the oil to the oil cooler hole I drilled in the block.
    I brought a high carbon steel bar and drilled and taped it. I welded a piece of plate the same diameter as the oil filter onto one end and lathed a groove into it for an o-ring the same diameter as the one on the oil filter. I then welded a nut onto the other side of the plate and put the oil cooler in place on the block. Then I screwed the taped steel bar into the block to hold the oil cooler in place, with an o-ring on both sides of the oil cooler to seal the oil in.
    I'm wiring up a GSR ecu into my Gen8 4WD Invecs-II auto Galant right now and getting my cams re-ground to make them nice and lumpy. I am also, just to see what happens, using the GDI ecu plugs, wired up to suit the Evo4 Lancer ecu. Just for fun... it's not like I'm gonna use the anti lag or inter cooler water squirters or anything. Its just a daily driver after all.

Quick bit of an up date:
    Not bothering with the EVO4 ECU at the mo'. I've got the engine in. Had a bit of trouble fitting the radiator in because of the throttle body. Inter cooler pipes are a bit of a head ache and the water for the turbo and oil cooling isn't quite what I would have liked. I might improve on that as time go's by. Thermostat housing hit the gearbox filter. I had to relocate it. Power steering pump hit the coils. I had to relocate them. umm, what else...
    I'll take a few pics and post them soon.

TGC Regular
    Good luck with that, they were only released in Japan bro, you're going to have to go and talk nicely to your local Mitsubishi Dealer to get the pin outs...

Also, welcome to TGC :D

Hey Goku, thanks mate. Yip i'm still working on her... slowly. I'm trying to find the profile specs on the cam letters. I have a B cam that has massive lift. It's standard to. I want to know what it's specs are because it looks to have less duration.

It had less duration, about 10 degrees with about 1mm more lift.

Bro im from nz chch saweet build man let me know where you get your parts and stuff from
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-03-2016 at 05:57 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12