The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BabyG is now boosted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 59 of 59
    you can adjust the TPS, but without the OEM mitsu tool or Evoscan, you cant read the ECU and see what the Ecu thinks the throttle is at.

Yeah best tool. Evoscan.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

UPDATE!

I checked the connections on the E-manage and it all checked out. E-manage has no codes, etc.

I replaced the MAF yesterday and swapped coils from the parts car and the idle smoothed out.

I ohmed out the coils and 1/4 was reading 3.8 kohms and 2/3 was reading 6.8 MEGAohms.

I checked for codes and I had ONE code for a random misfire without clearing anything. So I'll hafta say, the MAF is good.

The coils I swapped out from the parts car had around 7 kohms and smoothed out the idle. Though I still bought a set of new coils to pick up tomorrow morning.

I had BKR7E's in her and she ran rough as hell, I went back to the BKR6E's and she idled better and smoother.

The only thing I still gotta work on is I think it is running wayy to rich at first start up. When it is in fuel enrichment mode she misfires and drinks the gas but after driving it about down the street she idles smooth again. So I will definitely mess with the fuel map at idle.

Thank you for everyones help. Going to clean her up and take a few photos. I am going to send her up to the exhaust shop wednesday to get a quote and get a full 3" TBE made. After that it's logging and tuning time.

Thank you for everyone opinion. IDK what I would do without the input from all the Galant heads!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Random question.. Hows the quality on the Boomslang harness?.. Im still waiting on Black Heart to see whats there issue with there ecu harness and its put my project on hold, and I cant seem to wait any longer. Is it worth getting it from Boomslang or should I just wait on Black Heart?
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

Congrats btw.. I cant wait to have my 8g hitting boost too..
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

The quality is pretty good. Solid materials and very clean looking.

I only grabbed the boomslang because Marc (Ivory8g) was ready to upgrade. If I was to run EVO ECU or anything of that matter, I would go with BHM all the way!

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Thanks lol.. So i guess im just gonna have to wait till they resolve the issue they were having. How long did it take you to get all your stuff together and actually install the stuff? Im becoming inpatient, I want to be boosting soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    UPDATE!

I checked the connections on the E-manage and it all checked out. E-manage has no codes, etc.

I replaced the MAF yesterday and swapped coils from the parts car and the idle smoothed out.

I ohmed out the coils and 1/4 was reading 3.8 kohms and 2/3 was reading 6.8 MEGAohms.

I checked for codes and I had ONE code for a random misfire without clearing anything. So I'll hafta say, the MAF is good.

The coils I swapped out from the parts car had around 7 kohms and smoothed out the idle. Though I still bought a set of new coils to pick up tomorrow morning.

I had BKR7E's in her and she ran rough as hell, I went back to the BKR6E's and she idled better and smoother.

The only thing I still gotta work on is I think it is running wayy to rich at first start up. When it is in fuel enrichment mode she misfires and drinks the gas but after driving it about down the street she idles smooth again. So I will definitely mess with the fuel map at idle.

Thank you for everyones help. Going to clean her up and take a few photos. I am going to send her up to the exhaust shop wednesday to get a quote and get a full 3" TBE made. After that it's logging and tuning time.

Thank you for everyone opinion. IDK what I would do without the input from all the Galant heads!
    That some good news. I will say you should still tune the stock pcm. I know emange takes over some sensors signal but the computer at the end is doing all the calculations. Remem the stock pcm is still in A/t mode settings. You need to tune some maps to read as a manual trani. Like neutral idle and drive maps. This is set very low and could cause idle issue after a while.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Get us better shots. Car looks good.

stock maf.
    glad it smoothed out Jigz lemmie know if you need help with anything else bro.

edit: oh and you can calibrate the tps in "parameters" and log it as well.
    Last edited by Ivory8g; 11-10-2011 at 07:57 AM
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Sweet. thanks Marc.

reviving this thread. Hows the G bro. Any dyno yet? Any problems?

UPDATE!

SOHC Turbo

Car is running awesome. The closest thing to a dyno the car got was virtual dyno during the street tune. It was estimating 210 whp and 275 wtq. At 10 psi the AFR sits as follows.

WOT-11.3-11.5
    Cruise -13.8-15.7
    Idle jumps around from 14.8 to 15.3 with occasional rich and lean stumbles that last no more than 10 sec. Fuel trims are Chillin at -6.7 so its right on the money.

The only thing that's rather troublesome is one of the gaskets for the spacers has developed a leak and is making a ticking noise around 1500-2300 rpm. once the car goes into boost it goes away and you don't hear it at idle. I'm for sure it's the gasket because at first start when the car sits at 1800 rpm you her it and when you cover the leak with a rag the noise goes away.

Other than that, that's pretty much it. I'm enjoying driving it everyday. Going to hopefully get the brakes done on the 30th. Going to take it on a road trip to SC with the wife after the wedding.

Thats sounds great bro. It sounds that the engine is healthy. A little more tune on the injector is good. Is not bad at all. -6 is soso since the pcm is subtracting fuel 6% plus the o2 reading, u want it at least -2+. Is great that you taking the g for a road trip. Have fun bro.

SOHC Turbo

When are you coming to SC?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII like a boss
    -Andrew

Dude, I'm so jealous. I want to go Turbo so freaking bad. Just wish I had the funds and the know how to do it. Money is the biggest issue. Maybe one day.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Jigz try and replace your exhaust manifold nuts with Stover nuts. they are lock nuts but no nylon so they last with the heat. the nuts on my car were always backing off even when torqued down its just the expansion and contraction of the metal during the heat cycle.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Brandon I'm actually using bolts for my manifold because I couldn't get studs long enough. I only got two studs that were long enough. I use them for the two middle top because the bolts wouldn't clear the two middle primaries. My team leader at work is a phenomenal welder so were going to try and extend the manifold si I can go back to stock length studs.

thats exactly what i would do if i used the evo stuff. i never like the idea of all those spacers and gaskets.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123