The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question for you guys with Outlander IM's

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Question for you guys with Outlander IM's

My name is Nick, I've been a long time member of club3g and I'm hoping some of you guys can give me a hand.

This is my setup

Built motor
    GT3582

Car is rich as fuck. This is my 4th manifold. I cracked 3 due to my own negligence (didn't attach the bracket that goes from the head to the TB), but this 4th one just developed a crack at the injector bung.

RRE used to sell the aluminum intake flanges, but they don't have them any longer and I have been contemplating chopping up an Outlander manifold.

The reason for this being that the manifolds hit the firewall on the 3g's, you guys have a bit deeper of an engine bay. Now... Here are my questions for you.

You guys who are boosted can help me the most. If I were to cut the runners at the flange and shorten them, would that leave me enough room to run larger injectors? On the stock 4g64 manifold, the space given to stick in my present 780's is real slim, I had to actually shave the fuel rail down just to get enough room to fit them in.

Also, if possible, would somebody mind taking a measurement of where the flange meets the head to the back of the IM so I can get an idea of the dimensions on this?

It's either I figure out a way to fit this, or I take one, cut the flange off, and have an evo manifold welded to it. Thanks again in advance, it's a big help.

PM Stewing or GOOSEY2099(did I spell that right?) Or Icedoutgalant or QNZ. Thoses members are boosted as well as many others but im failing to remember names. They all know their stuff.

are you still running the black spacer between the manifold and fuel rail? what do you mean by space to run the injectors?

heres the writeup i did when i swapped in the outlander manifold it has a couple pics of how the flange looks

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ntake+manifold

i dont currently have that setup anymore so i cant take the measurements but some members have it
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    are you still running the black spacer between the manifold and fuel rail? what do you mean by space to run the injectors?

heres the writeup i did when i swapped in the outlander manifold it has a couple pics of how the flange looks

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ntake+manifold

i dont currently have that setup anymore so i cant take the measurements but some members have it
    The spacers aren't necessary anymore with the 780's, they're far too short to do anything useful. Some people have doubled up on them with the WRX 440's or the evo 550's, but mine are way too tall.

By space I mean between the intake manifold flange and the plenum itself. If you look at the stock 4g64 manifold, the fuel rail doesn't have a whole lot of room as it is. Couple that with some huge injectors and you aren't going to get it all to fit in there.

It looks like it's gonna be crazy close, but I may give it a shot. Either way, I need the IM flange, and the Outlander is the only aluminum one available (aside from having one cut).

you might be better off cutting the stock tubular manifold and making a custom manifold out of that since the flange is kind of flat. someone on here did that with the aftermarket obx manifold they made for a short time.
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

on second thought i think you could make it work... the only problem with the manifold is the stock galant fuel rail and the fpr location. if you use an evo fuel rail and fpr you should be fine. and ditch the cruise control assembly on the throttle body,

you might be better off cutting the stock tubular manifold and making a custom manifold out of that since the flange is kind of flat. someone on here did that with the aftermarket obx manifold they made for a short time.
    The stock 4g64 mani? It's steel. If I were to change to an aftermarket mani I would def go aluminum. Even if I can't get the Outlander mani to work, at least I can still salvage that aluminum flange.

on second thought i think you could make it work... the only problem with the manifold is the stock galant fuel rail and the fpr location. if you use an evo fuel rail and fpr you should be fine. and ditch the cruise control assembly on the throttle body,
    I run an aeromotive fpr anyway, so that I'm not worried about. The evo fuel rail may be a bit slimmer, I can give that a shot. Evo rom doesn't run cruise control anyhow, so that's no issue.

here is another picture of the clearence on the galant if its of any help