The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 60mm TB Intake Porting help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Posey

60mm TB Intake Porting help

Hey all. So I got this sweet 95 Galant S with 2.4 SOHC. Its got 244k on it. 5 spd tranny. I traded a 15" Rockford T-1 and a Kicker sx900.2 for it. I did a full tune up. Runs great now I need to play. I picked up a 1g throttle body with all the sensors for $25. I noticed I need to port my intake among other things. I was curious of a few things.

1. Do u need to take it to a machine shop or can I do it myself.

2. After it's ported do the mounting bolts/holes line up fine

Thanx for any and all help.

use a new gasket and trace pattern, get the die grinder out with aluminum bit and cut out to the line. The bolt pattern is perfect no adjustment needed. Its best to do it off the car then you don't risk aluminum shavings in the motor.

Posey
    Yup taking it off jus makes no sense to leave it on. Also what exactly is a cyclone intake and where can I get one?

Experienced TGC Member
    Remember that the metal youre grinding is aluminum so go slow when grinding it. The bolt holes for the TB are an exact match except for the IAC (idk if the 95 IAC is different than the 97). Good luck and enjoy modding ;-)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Remember that the metal youre grinding is aluminum so go slow when grinding it. The bolt holes for the TB are an exact match except for the IAC (idk if the 95 IAC is different than the 97). Good luck and enjoy modding ;-)
    all 4 bolts for the TB match but you need to get 2 studs and nuts as the turbo throttle boddies have cast elbows and u can get a bolt in there. basically everything in this article plus rewiring for the IAC and getting the studs and nuts

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/2gtbswap.htm
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Posey
    So I'm doin my TB tonight's. I got a 1g NT TB. My question is TB coolant bypass. Do you simply connect the 2 lines together? Also the IAC on the 1g has to be swapped right. What if I took it off completely will the car still idle or run. I live in Vegas so it gets like 30 ish at 5am but that's about as cold as it gets.

here

no, the two iacs are not compatible, nor the fiavs ( the bottom part of the TB).

Best to do right now is to leave everything the way it is on the 1g TB and just do not plug the harness anywhere.

then get this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIAV-Bypass-...item2a0ac862e5

with that you can adapt the stock 7g fiav to the 1g tb.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread