The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alignment 8g

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Alignment 8g

So I recently installed a rear camber kit, today I'm buying new tires and today or tomorrow I will get my alignment. What are the factory camber, toe and caster specs for the front and rear of a 8G I4?

I read on a 3g eclipse manual that they have like 1* of camber on the rear or something factory so I want to know ours.

I don't trust anyone on this town so that's why I ask to know for sure and tell the guy, thanks in advance

4g64T 5spd

IIRC factory specs aren't fixed. They are between a certain degree and another. (ie. Between 0.00-1.2, not sure which figures) if I were doing it which I will soon as I get the cash, I will just zero everything out, because the wheel/tires and suspension are not factory so I won't mind not being in spec. That's. My opinion and 2cents, just remember I neg camber so thats why I would zero it.

Any good shop is going to have an alignment machine with the factory specs built in for all makes and models of cars. Ask them to see the factory specs, your before measurements, and your after measurements.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Any good shop is going to have an alignment machine with the factory specs built in for all makes and models of cars. Ask them to see the factory specs, your before measurements, and your after measurements.
    Hey thanks for the reply, yeah I know the machines have them but I wanted to know if you guys recommended any measurements or something, I went to get my alignment last Saturday, it came out like this:

Suspension setup:
    D2 Coilovers
    Rear Ingalls Camber kit (-1/+3)

I insisted the guy to get the rear cambers closer, but he said the machines were really sensitive and would be very hard to get them closer than this.

4g64T 5spd

wow, you guys have shitty alignment shops... I was able to get my car to exactly even specs with basic alignment equipment, I'd make them redo it.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    wow, you guys have shitty alignment shops... I was able to get my car to exactly even specs with basic alignment equipment, I'd make them redo it.
    Yeah bro, it sucks, they cringe when you tell them about coilovers, that they are camber adjustable, and when you tell them you installed a rear camber kit.
    I would have to make a 2 hour trip to find a good shop.

4g64T 5spd