The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Odd check engine light

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Posey

Odd check engine light

So I have my 95 galant. Runs great. But when I've driven on the interstate at higher speeds for more than 10 min or so my check engine light will come on. It doesnt drive any different still drives great actually It will stay one til the car is turned offf. Even if I start it right back up it disappears. I don't have wire of jumpers to check it but I will Monday. Any ideas what it could be right off. It's got 245k on the motor. Any input or thoughts.

The most common codes for 94-95 are for the MAF (MAS, Baro, Air temp), EGR and oxygen sensors
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Pull out the code and tell us what is it. That is a pending code for a sensor that is sending bad readings time to time. It could be any sensor.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Pull out the code and tell us what is it. That is a pending code for a sensor that is sending bad readings time to time. It could be any sensor.
    It's hard to get a code on the obd1.5 7gs. That's the problem that they need a special scanner. Obd2 plug with obd1 codes.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Which is why we have to flash the codes on the 94 and 95 7g. First time I did it I got the wrong terminals and blew a fuse. Use this link from 7g tutorials for correct proceedure https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=43900
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Posey
    So it only comes on when I'm driving so I tried something. I simply disconnected wire 1 and wire 5 and ran them to a random watch that was in my car when I got it. So while I'm driving I can jus flip the switch and it'll flash my codes....but now no code lol but if It does throw a code will me flipping my switch work or mess up the car whilst I'm driving

I always thought the car stored error codes. Seems like it would store something like the last 5 or 6 error codes but being I have never sucessfully flashed codes in my car (the one time I attempted it I grounded out the wrong contact and spent a couple days chasing which fuse I blew) I don't know this for sure. Hopefully someone else will jump in here and know for sure.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Posey
    Well guys I have yet to successfully get my codes. I've connected pin 1 to pin 5 and grounded it to the body. The light dent change. Now I did pull the wires out of the data Plug so I can connect jumpers easier. Will this cause a problem? If not do I have to do something other than connect the wife's? Do u have to turn the car off if so does it really store the codes. As soon as I turn the car off and turn it bak on the light is gone. Thanx guys I'll have a build thread up soon

Quote Originally Posted by Posey View Post
    So it only comes on when I'm driving so I tried something. I simply disconnected wire 1 and wire 5 and ran them to a random watch that was in my car when I got it. So while I'm driving I can jus flip the switch and it'll flash my codes....but now no code lol but if It does throw a code will me flipping my switch work or mess up the car whilst I'm driving
    My buddies 94 civic hatch did that, after 10 minutes of driving. He said it was his O2 sensor, just had not changed it for one reason or another.

Posey
    Kool good to know. The car doesn't run different it's just annoying lol

Same here.