The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/C causing vibration

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

A/C causing vibration

Yo Fellas,
    while driving with the a/c on the other day i experienced a vibration from the engine as if the car was not able to handle the a/c so i switched the a/c of & the problem stopped .But since then i noticed any time i`m in traffic or by a light & the a/c is on the car vibrates badly& when i switch it of it stops .DOES ANY ONE HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO . i PLACED NEW NGK plugs and put in a new battery so what may be causing the problem i checked my charge rate & it`s good 13.8

TheGreekHuricane
    yea my mom's 91 galant had that same problem, we brought it to the dealer and they said that it was normal with older mitsubishi's, my 2001 doesnt do it but in time it may, so?

scyc
    I experienced this problem too! Whenever the engine gets a chance
    to idle with the A/C on the car vibrates. I too replaced the spark plugs
    and that still didn't fix the problem.

After using a bottle of STP complete fuel cleaner on a full tank a petrol, the problem seemed to have disappeared! Give it a try!

Sounds like a case of dirty throttle body. Get yourself a can of throttle body cleaner, remove your intake from the throttle body, spray the cleaner in there and scrub like crazy with your rag. Flip the butterfly valve up, spray some more and keep scrubbing until that throttle body shines. You'd be amazed what that carbon buildup can cause.

Oh and don't waste money on fuel injector cleaner you dump in the tank. It's useless.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.