The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Might need a new MAF??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    Not yet, the car in question doesn't belong to me, I don't see it often and owner is very busy getting ready for summer camp, she's a counselor there.

my question is how long do these damn things last...is there someone that rebuilds these MAF Sensors?
    i buy another one that shit goin to fail on me with my CAI i just put in like a month ago. i mean i already bought one a year ago and its already junk, i even cleaned it properly yesterday while adding my rear mount and im stalling everytime i stop at a light...
    i unplug the switch and it idles at 1000 and no more puttering from the muffler..
    --is driving it unplugged goin to mess anything up while i wait for the new one in the mail?

2kGblackONblack4g64

2kGblackONblack4g64

yesss i didnt have time to drill out the hole for the horn so some ghetto shit till the weekend:P lol

2kGblackONblack4g64

Are u sure its the maf, and not the iac stalling u, check the wires on the iac mine broke due to age and heat I remade the connection with pigtail from jy and car runs fine. If it is the maf I still have my original one. It might mean u need another cai cone and its letting to much dirt in, I went back to the box of a 6 cyl on mine cause a cai is only most efficient when you first have it cleaned then it only gets worse.

well i drove it last nite to work unplugged tha MAF before i left and it never stalled or hesitated once so im thinking its the MAF..
    is the box for the v6 any different than the 4cyl?
    i just think tha box is ugly and is unnecessary+bulky.. but i dont want to keep buyin these MAF that for suree.

2kGblackONblack4g64

Everything fits up as if its 4 cyl box I have not check part number but I would guess its a bit bigger, in some piping but it all hooked to my i4 no prob

I looked up the part number of the main body like where you put the filter and it says that urs the same for the 2.4 so they use same air box for 3.0 and 2.4 galant

Easier to find.. too bad itz not a lil bigger.
    does everyone leave the peice thats after tha box and filter goin to underneath the front of your hood?

2kGblackONblack4g64

Yea you should get that that's where it funnels in the air, you mean the horn looking thing right? That whole assembly is top and bottom of air box, maf that attaches, tube from air box to intake, and air inlet from under hood to the air box and two or three bolts I forget

Yup tha horn lookin thing, air inlet, i thought it was catchin more warm air than anythingg, they should have place it below the radiator fan..anywayss. Thanks for tha hlp bgood
    Last edited by 00LeibyRacing; 07-25-2012 at 07:04 PM

2kGblackONblack4g64

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12