The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Power steering pump

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Posey

Power steering pump

So the power steering pump is bad and I kinda like manual steering. So my question is should me removing the power steering belt affect anything...? I was thinking it be like a lightens Lilly set cuz that weight is gone.

it wont affect anything, but if you do remove the pump make sure the rack & pinion are properly plugged up.
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

Posey
    I was thinking of just cutting the belt for it. It's on it's on belt...

Posey
    So would t hurt anything if I just cut the belt for now?

just your arms! it will suck to parallel park but as long as the car is moving its fairly easy to turn.

Posey
    It's already like that and I love it. I just want to make sure that that belt not being present won't mess up timing or anything like that. Jus lighten the rotational weight for the engine. Like lighter pulleys.

Posey
    Lol ignor my ignorance. Painting my inetirior pieces paint got to ke lol thanx w/oartic7g.

Posey
    So I cut the belt. as crazy as it sounds the throttle response is a noticeable change. You can feel it and the engine seems to run better... I'm not sure if the pump had bad bearings or what ever it has but I'm sure my car thanx me lol

now go one step more and simply remove the pump from the engine and hook the supply and returns together. It is very easy to do right behind headlight area.

Honestly, its not going to be much of a power difference like crazy unless the actual pump was seized, I suggest putting the 2 lines together on the rack before its too late. If you dont do this with time, you rack will fail on you due to lack of lubrication, and eventually hear wierd noises when your driving, take it as a tip because its happened to me in my honda lol. If your gonna do it, make sure you do it right the first time.
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

Posey
    How do I go about connecting the lines in general. P