The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dual Exhausts...what does it do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    Transparent red vinyl for taillights
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-x12-TRANS...item35b5b86fb7
    Thanks, that looks nice, if I were to do that though, I'd want to put it inside the light, but that's more work.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by The Vee View Post
    Yep you gotta do it as per the photoshop.
    Here's mine. As said by others it's just the look I was after. When it's cold it does look good with the condensation coming out of both pipes.
    Not the best pic to show the exhausts, but you get the idea.

Hey this looks nice! So the other is a dummy? Interesting

But it's quite obvious that the sound will only come from the real one yes?

By the way...in the photoshop the dummy muffler looks great because it's symmetrical and a mirror image of the original.

I'm not sure about the shape of Mufflers but if I have an exact same muffler, turn it around, cut the pipes from both ends of the body, and reverse them, I'll get the mirror image look right?

However, will the said modification to the muffler ruin it?

What I mean is if somebody wants to buy my "dummy" with the modifications I did to it, will it still do it's function? As it without correcting the "mods"?

Glad you like it! thanks
    No it's not a dummy, but it's fed from the same silencer (muffler?) as the left one. Normally the silencer would run across under the back with a tail out of each end, but as posted no room under the G. So it's mounted lengthways on the left with the right pipe running across and then out where it is.

Glad you like it! thanks
    No it's not a dummy, but it's fed from the same silencer (muffler?) as the left one. Normally the silencer would run across under the back with a tail out of each end, but as posted no room under the G. So it's mounted lengthways on the left with the right pipe running across and then out where it is.
    Is the sound eminating from the left louder than on the right? Because of this set-up?

I like what you did...simple =)

Quote Originally Posted by gian7675 View Post
    Is the sound eminating from the left louder than on the right? Because of this set-up?

I like what you did...simple =)
    Sound is fairly well balanced, but it was built not to be too noisy. You can hear the exhaust yes, but it's not a lot louder than stock - just a bit deeper and growls a little more when you give it some! The gas flow from each is fairly even but there is probably a little bias to the left one.

Quote Originally Posted by Samman View Post
    Just looks, u cant get any performance improvments because there is no space to make another straight exhuast line
    Hey bro u have pics of your galant???? Im really digging your ride!

Quote Originally Posted by BassinG View Post
    Hey bro u have pics of your galant???? Im really digging your ride!
    Yup bro some pics!

Your garage only has one pic in it

So your ride is 6A13TT swap eh? nice.

How does it feel with a Front drive car?

I'll get some pics up soon. It is currently in bits as I'm doing a USDM front on it with various mods like lip and different grills etc. The 6a13tt swap is very very fast, but traction can be difficult. So i have just fitted a Wavetrac LSD which works very well, but I can still get wheel spin quite easily!! Bit of an art form driving FWD with that sort of power!

Quote Originally Posted by gian7675 View Post
    Yup bro some pics!

Your garage only has one pic in it

So your ride is 6A13TT swap eh? nice.

How does it feel with a Front drive car?
    My garage has 15 pics
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/gara...ehicle&id=1108
    Last edited by Samman; 11-12-2011 at 05:57 AM

I'll get some pics up soon. It is currently in bits as I'm doing a USDM front on it with various mods like lip and different grills etc. The 6a13tt swap is very very fast, but traction can be difficult. So i have just fitted a Wavetrac LSD which works very well, but I can still get wheel spin quite easily!! Bit of an art form driving FWD with that sort of power!
    Please also post a picture of how you did your dual exhaust. I might copy it if you won't mind

HHhhhmmm..a thought just occurred to me...doing a dual exhaust system just like your won't cause a lost of power in mine...yes?

Eeeeerrr...mine is a VR4.

VR4 is done in a similar way - just the routing is a little different with the rear subframe and fuel tank. All exhaust mods will have a small effect on power but not necassarily a decrease. While I'm no expert in this field, we have VR4s here done the same way with no negative reports.
    Last edited by The Vee; 11-12-2011 at 07:02 AM

VR4 is done in a similar way - just the routing is a little different with the rear subframe and fuel tank. All exhaust mods will have a small effect on power but not necassarily a decrease. While I'm no expert in this field, we have VR4s here done the same way with no negative reports.
    Thanks for the info

SAMMAN@

Saw the pictures.Nice!

I see you're going for the SVR4 interior. Love the SVR4 Steering Wheel =)

dayum i wish i could import a vr4 under 10k here in singapore. You guys in the phillipines got it good. *Uber Jealous Pangs*

Quote Originally Posted by zyro View Post
    dayum i wish i could import a vr4 under 10k here in singapore. You guys in the phillipines got it good. *Uber Jealous Pangs*
    Why bro? How much does it cost to import one there? My contact was able to get mine converted to USD$8,500.00. Worth every penny in my book//even though I'm still paying for it

As far as I know, I'm the only guy that came forward in the local 8g thread to have imported one...though i know other members have the capacity to do so so they may be keeping it secret

Most of them rather want to upgrade their PHDMs into VR4's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12