The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1 Year of Owning my 8g

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

1 Year of Owning my 8g

Its late, and i don't have to work right now, so I'm up, sippin baileys and reading posts; and most likely because of the spirits, I'm ̶r̶a̶m̶b̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ posting!

I've always wanted an 8G Galant, from the time they were new here in the states. It was my dream car, but I couldn't afford one new at the time. After a while, I forgot about it, and later, when I had money, I bought an evo 9 instead, thinking it would be better.

Last year I was able to get ahold of a Black GTZ with 50k mi, and I have to say- It is everything I thought it would be! This is the best car that I've owned, overall- at least in my taste! Most people would probably prefer the evo, but I like the smoothness and less outspoken classy feeling the galant has. (And I don't get people trying to race me everywhere I go!)

In terms of comparison with my other car, this car, while not as fast as my old (abet newer) evo, makes up for it with a wonderfully smooth engine and great ride. It is also nice that I don't have to remove the entire front bumper cover to change a headlight bulb like I had to on my 9.

Over the past year, I've done a couple things to the car, and I'm very pleased with them, and plan on doing a few more.

So far, I've tinted the windows, detailed and high speed buffed the car, replaced the rotors all around with drill/slots, replaced the brake pads, and painted the calipers red, installed new tails, painted the gtz rims gunmetal, put the oval style tip on the pipe coming off the muffler, debadged the GTZ and Galant logos, leaving only the Star, tinted the fogs, and replaced the headlight bulbs with silverstars, oil changed with synthetic, K&N air Filter, and bought a car cover for it to sleep in.

I do what I can to keep it clean, but I'm going to have to repaint it due to the clear coming off, which I think happens to the 3g eclipses too right?

I am planning on relocating the license plate to the bumper using Qcustom's new bumper and trunk mod if things go good there, and install the t-n springs and some new KYBs.

-rambles on drunkly-

10,219 miles in one year, and it has been all over the middle and eastern parts of the US, (NY, PA, CT, MA, NH, OH, IN, IL, KY, WV, VA, NC to name most!)

Overall, I'm happier with this 8g than I have ever been with any other car I've had, and wanted to share that-

Every time I drive the Galant, its like my day just gets better.

Peace!
    Last edited by RavenOath; 11-11-2011 at 02:21 AM

Welcome to Galant addiction, post some pics of ur ride, I can tell its a nice ride.

I feel the same about my 8G's, I celebrate every October 14th (day I bought my gray one back in 2004), mourn on September 25th (day I lost my gray one) and now I can celebrate October 5th (day I bought my current red one). Ever since by brother-in-law brought his brand new in 2001, I wanted one, took me three years, but I got one, now I can't see me not having one. I'd like a 4-cylinder to make a project out of.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

This is before tinting, also before fixing the tail lights so they weren't so dark!

working on the brakes

This morning, outside after warming up

Also this morning, outside

Last november, next to my Mirage :P

Its certainly not as nice as your beautiful red one (is that a Super VR4?!)

I'm very happy to finally have a galant after all these years!

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    I feel the same about my 8G's, I celebrate every October 14th (day I bought my gray one back in 2004), mourn on September 25th (day I lost my gray one) and now I can celebrate October 5th (day I bought my current red one). Ever since by brother-in-law brought his brand new in 2001, I wanted one, took me three years, but I got one, now I can't see me not having one. I'd like a 4-cylinder to make a project out of.
    Man! If I knew that earlier, there was a 1999 4cyl here, had MINOR damage to the front, like a dented hood and cracked headlight. I looked it over real good. it was 800 dollars! I was going to get it, but spent the money on vacation instead. :P

October is when I bought mine as well I believe, but I'd have to check.

I saw that weird car wreck in the parking lot with your galant, it was brutal! Is that the one you are talking about? I might be mixing things up again.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenOath View Post
    Man! If I knew that earlier, there was a 1999 4cyl here, had MINOR damage to the front, like a dented hood and cracked headlight. I looked it over real good. it was 800 dollars! I was going to get it, but spent the money on vacation instead. :P

October is when I bought mine as well I believe, but I'd have to check.

I saw that weird car wreck in the parking lot with your galant, it was brutal! Is that the one you are talking about? I might be mixing things up again.
    Yep, that's what I'm talking about, I miss my car, but my new one is quickly helping me get over the loss lol:

My old one:

My old one with my Diamante:

And the wreck :(

Sorry to pic whore the thread, but I love these cars!

-Greg

Man its totally fine by me! Helps me see more of what I'm reading/talking about. That car looks great! Needs a lil' drop and some exhaust action, a tip at least- but Looks great! Still sad to see a galant die though :(

My thoughts exactly!!

-Greg

:cheers: heres to another year

Your Gtz looks mean bro.

In all my pic whoring, I forgot to mention I liked the rims painted dark like that, the car overall is a win, I love that it's a cancer-free black car, and I hope RavenOath means your a Ravens fan!!

-Greg

Being that it's black....I would clear those corners. The amber just looks out of place. Nice 8G.

RavenOath, in your first post you had some strike-thru text, how'd you do that?

...and most likely because of the spirits, I'm ̶r̶a̶m̶b̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ posting!

-Greg

I love picture threads lol. Oh btw, I use a generator to make it easier to use strike through ... here is a link right here http://crazydavinci.net/tools/strike...ext-generator/

I agree about the front, but I'm going to save my money up for some new ones sometime after I put in the springs and stuff.

It isn't completely cancer free- the paint IS starting to fog up with white...im doing my best to keep it decent looking till I can get a few grand together for a paint job. Is it strange that I hope in vain that someone will key my car all over the place so I can get it painted ? :P lol.

Thanks for the complements too !

I just got the exhaust done yesterday, sounds nice now! :P

Thanks bro, just tried it out, looks g̶o̶o̶d̶ great!!

-Greg

Blacked out is always a good look.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Thanks :) Hey, btw, I found out you can take the red lines out of the usdm reverse lights. you can just pull them out, they are a plastic sheet that kindof just sets in there. they come out being perfectly clear, no red lines through them

Nice looking GTZ

Thanks 01esv6 :P Appreciate it!