The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New exhuast today! :) (3.0L 6)

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

New exhuast today! :) (3.0L 6)

It is V-day so we went out to get our free steak at applebees for being mil. While we chilled out and looked at some local restored military equipment they brought out, I took the car over to the shop to get a cat back done.

No pics of underneath, because I'm so not crawling around on the ground, but I recorded a clip:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7wevgf1lm3302mh

(I hope that works) (it isn't really so loud in real life, about the same as a bmw 3 series, or z3m, etc.)

I replaced the section after the cat with a 24" resonator/glass pack, into a short resonator, then onto the new muffler (thrush SS dual chamber), and added an oval tip similar to the factory one. So, its like a cat back with 2 resonators and a throaty muffler.

I was pretty sure the interwebs would criticize me for not getting a premade, mandrel bent, high performance, big round style like imports generally have, but I think it sounds nice. I insisted on the resonators to make sure it didn't come out sounding like a v6 camaro with a rattling exhaust rasp :P

I doubt it added any horsepower to speak of, but I like the sound it makes now, and enjoy the fact that it falls almost silent on the interstate crusing, so no drone!

:) Peace! (hope the link works)

sounds nice

Thanks G-code!

Sounds good bro!!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"