The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lots of smoke on start up

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Posey

Lots of smoke on start up

So.my 95 galant 2.4SOHC loves to smoke every morning when I start it. After a little driving it's fine unless I really get on it then itll puff smoke. I could he wrong but I think it might be bad valve seal guides. I know tyre a machine shot thing right? So I'm trying to hold out because I got a great deal on a 4g63t head. But in the mean time anyone know of any great additives or tricks to fix this...or if replacing the guides is something I can do let me know.

nope, no additive will help. Valve seals are shot.My car did that before the head swap
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Posey
    I'll be doin my head swap soon. 4g63t head intake mani with Evo III TB and I gigs a turbo mani too...300$

Yeah pretty sure its the valve seals. My old chevy did the same thing.

Valve guide seals are toast if its blue smoke. I have had excellent results with the Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer to buy some time.

Your engine old. It is necessary to measure the compression in the cylinders. It is possible piston rings came to an end. After the measurement of the compression, you can pour 1-2 inch of oil into the cylinder. And again measure the compression. If the reading is changed in a big way, the ring died.
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

Yes seals are gone I need to to mine
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    I'd say seals and guides. I know that sucks but hey it's part of cars. Don't just put in new seals to have the worn guides lead to having to change them again
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service