The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g GTS from NZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    Vestige
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Actually, you don't need the whole engine. Many members on here have done the DOHC top swap using the Evo 4G63T head, and even the 2.4L DOHC head from the Hyundai Sonatas here in the states. That may be a better option to you, if you want DOHC power.
    Thats actually a really good idea, DOHC 4G63 motors are pretty rare maybe i could get the top section imported from japan to do that. And a DOHC conversion wouldn't require a certification over here :)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Whoa, that is an interesting bay.
    Out of curiosity what parts is really interesting? And what is different from galants over there? (as i have no idea what your guys engine bays are like)

Battery placement, which makes for a different intake box setup mainly. Notice the lousy intake manifold too. When the 8G still had the stock intake:

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I never realized world spec 8G's were such a combo of 7 and 8g:

7g *USA*

8g USA

Vestige
    That is quite weird as out battery are more protected tucked up next to the wheel well, quite far away from anything. Do you guys get limited airflow from the stock scoop?

Stock isn't very good due to all the bends, restricts airflow way too much. Plus, all those intake resonators...

You're much better off with a CAI.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Brake booster's on the wrong side of the bay lol! I wonder what a RHD car is like, it's probably as weird to me as a LHD would be to New Zealanders.

You airbox looks a lot like the Diamante's airbox:
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 11-12-2011 at 09:26 PM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Trust me, it is odd. lol

I've had the pleasure of doing a safety inspection on a 66 Mini Cooper Clubman, imported from Britian and RHD. The gearbox shifts like it does with LHD, but doing it from the other side throws you for a loop. The pedals are in the same position too, but it's a trip sitting in the "passenger" side with the steering wheel in front of you.

-Chris-

Ur G is very nice, and its the first time I c single fog lights

Vestige
    That 7g photo that was posted before looks exactly opposite, I was looking for image flipping!

Also with LHD to RHD, my mate i work with has a LHD drive Audi A3 1.9 TDI (we have a weird law if you owned a LHD in another contry more than 2 years it can be load legal here) and i have had the experience of driving it to work a few times, road positioning feels insane as your on the wrong side for the road, but in terms of driving i found little trouble adapting to the gear stick on the other side.
    Its more scary being the passenger, as you feel like you should be driving.
    Plus the awkward moments when you get pulled over driving it, and the cop goes to the wrong side...

Quote Originally Posted by Samman View Post
    Ur G is very nice, and its the first time I c single fog lights
    Thanks, Samman. Also im amazed at the conversion you did to yours. Looks brilliant!

Hmmm welcome dude but let's get this right lol

I've been dealing in anything to do with 8G from per facelift to post as well and I think you'll notice that the double fogs are not a rarety like your saying they're plenty full . I can send you 4 sets right now to prove. Plus all the ones in my family's galants and legnums and the ones in the cars for sale..

The motor your talking bout in your car is readily available ex NZ yes NZ for round $450 as there's tons of them..

And then the tails as well plenty full
    I don't mean to be harsh but I don't want you leading the Yankees astray on false knowledge..

The fogs are merly Nz new as well as your headlight being 2 piece and ur tails too,that's also for your motor..

When you talk of something nice and rare factory this is where it matters
    Now these fogs are rare. Sorry if someone can post pic please iPad is restrictive.
    http://www.autosghana.com/carpics/Mi...2e4cecd9bd.jpg

This is a galant worthy of drewling over
    2.5 v6 6A13 SOHC fwd,singl fogs,electric leather city seats in black for a galant that is rare but this is stock for this model VR and the tails,badge,and the 260 km/h dash too that is get this ALSO high viz too. This is sexy

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-416395344.htm
    If anyone can load the images for me I'll kiss you but wifey will get jelous lol
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

I salute qcustoms for his rich info in 8G.

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    If anyone can load the images for me I'll kiss you but wifey will get jelous lol
    Now these fogs are rare.

This is a galant worthy of drewling over
    2.5 v6 6A13 SOHC fwd,singl fogs,electric leather city seats in black for a galant that is rare but this is stock for this model VR and the tails,badge,and the 260 km/h dash too that is get this ALSO high viz too. This is sexy

Last edited by Samman; 11-13-2011 at 03:52 AM

Thanx for that bud.. Um firstly I wish to let it be known I do not in anyway intend or mean any demeaning behavior toward vestige and apologies if I come across wrong. Simply just correcting information
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Vestige
    Your knowledge is amazing, hopefully i can learn some more off you about the galant scene in NZ

From what I've seen, and from chatting with him, you'll learn A LOT.

-Chris-

Lol come on there's ALWAYS someone else out there bigger better and wiser than us lol
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12