The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Opinions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34

Opinions

Still haven't started turbo project yet, but I will soon.

Just threw my suspension on the today. Eclipse Eibach pro kit with kyb gr-2 struts. Not sure what to do next. Jdm skirts/lip? or does it need to be lower? I kinda didn't pay for the pro kit so I think I'd be safe going to a 1.5-2 inch drop, I believe these were 1 inch right now. will post better pics tomorrow morning.

Also, it handles SOOO GOOOD ahhhhhhhhh....
    Last edited by Galant306m; 11-13-2011 at 03:23 AM Reason: Your picture wasn't linked right so i fixed it for you :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Do you want to increase the performance of the car...or do you want to enhance the look of the car, its your choice on what route you take next.

The drop is nice..great for daily driving.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Well I want to do a type r front lip w/jdm sides, and I don't want it to look stupid because the car is too high. I want the handling performance it has now, as the car will be boosted soon.
    Last edited by rockingout92; 11-13-2011 at 11:51 AM

Last edited by rockingout92; 11-13-2011 at 11:57 AM

To me I love Low and function that looks stock height... What size wheels? And tires are those? Here few close ups of my car.... I have brand new own struts and Megan coilover sleeves... Nice ride to me but I'm getting Ground controls later......

My wheels are 17s back tires in this pic are 215/45/17... And u c how low I am

My front are 205/40/17

Holy camber man!! I like the drop yours looks hella nice. I will probably get some lower springs. i have 17's with 225/50's all around. I don't wanna spend the money on coilovers because I won't have this car forever. Too much $$.

Sent from my Droid

I like the way that looks, the perfect amount of drop.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Ok heres the deal. You drop is not set in yet. Your gunna get lower as the springs settle. Coilovers are great because you can get the exact drop you want. Here is my car on d2s about a 2-2.5 in drop in the front and 1-2 in the rear. Btw if you do a type r lip our cars are gunna be twins.lol Not this g but my new one.

And btw D2s get bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    I like the way that looks, the perfect amount of drop.
    Who's? And yes I have camber and Im getting a camber kit... But I love the look lol... I go thru tires maybe 5-6months but now I have discount tires insurance plan so when my inside wears out more I flip and when those get down I put nail throw um and get new tires for 25 bucks for brand new tires lol :-).. And matt D2s get u broke as fuck.... Lol ground control is just as nice for 325.... :-P.... Also dnt do like matt he has to much money to blow away... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    Who's?
    The OP's.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

:,( Awwwwww well low and slow is a life style lol...... But my car does get up when I need her to... But seeing I dnt race I'm fine with it lol

Nothing wrong with a drop, I don't like slammed cars. I just prefer function over form, that's all.

-Chris-

My car is functions fine.... What's being low have to do with anything if u daily ur car if u drag race maybe or autocross... An I live in the country u can say has nice back roads and I can take a corner going 70 with out worrying and there's 2 members who own 8g live few mins from me who ride same roads and there like u(meaning height of Ur car) and I work n downtown Atlanta which has more potholes then anywhere n the nation lol.... So driving slow is fine with me.... Seeing I work near Georgia Tech Campus... So my car is Form and function....

Thanks for the feed back guys I appreciate it. I'm liking the drop more and more every day. And I do get in the occasional race with a random Honda every now and then so I want some decent handling performance. 98m, sorry for copying you but your car looks amazing :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Im gunna go to KY and take his VR4 sides lol... Wish I had the money for the vr4 front :,(

Quote Originally Posted by rockingout92 View Post
    Thanks for the feed back guys I appreciate it. I'm liking the drop more and more every day. And I do get in the occasional race with a random Honda every now and then so I want some decent handling performance. 98m, sorry for copying you but your car looks amazing :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    Hey it's no thing. I copied Kevin. 4grim.lol Here is my new car. I had to junk that one but the new one is getting everything off the old car.

Last edited by 98mgalant; 11-14-2011 at 06:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Nothing wrong with a drop, I don't like slammed cars. I just prefer function over form, that's all.
    Here we go again

But OP I think you are on the right track, by taking the edge off the 4x4 stock look. But wait for your current springs to settle before you make any further decisions

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Here we go again
    Again on what? There's no issue going on here.

-Chris-

Haha I sensed a flame war. 98m, looks sick! Body is pretty clean. can't wait to see what you're gonna do with it. Are you keeping the silver?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

Well u dnt have to be 4x4 to street race. I'm talking about the track.. And seeing ur FWD lower is better for racing etc. Ur to high.... And matt why u throwing the other away? Keep it for a back up and fix it slowly... Here's a pic of my car before paint....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast