The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Flikcering lights issues

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    DjGomez

Flikcering lights issues

I recently had HID installed in my car, and was told that since my vehicle came with DRL that it would conflict with the HID's so as to avoid that i would need to leave the lights all the way on. Personally i find it annoying knowing the fact that i can't leave the switch on its default settings(1) so i read around online and saw that by bending the 2 to last pin in the ECU that it would disable the DRL, well i went ahead and did that but it still flickers when i have the car on and have it on the 1 or 2 switch. One thing i have noticed by bending the pin whenever the car is off(no key in ignition) and i switch the light setting to 3 and back to 2 or 1, the HID does indeed turn all the way off instead of staying in flickering mode. Am i doing anything wrong or is my car just being a pain in the ass??

btw i drive a 2008 galant, maybe that could help some. Help Please!!!

try ordering cancelers. i have the same issue i just drive with my lights on all the time so it doesnt kill the relay. other than that idk how to fix it. taking the DRL fuse out doesnt work either

u can bypass the DRL and have them work as normal, there should be a tutorial here to do so

any one figure this out? i bent the pin also and the same thing happens.

You have to take out the ecu and bend the connector to the DRLs. You will be disabling the DRL's (Daytime Running lights) did it in a parking lot lol it took 5 seconds. Here is the link to the DRL disable. -- https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34370 Happy Modding!

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettP9G View Post
    You have to take out the ecu and bend the connector to the DRLs. You will be disabling the DRL's (Daytime Running lights) did it in a parking lot lol it took 5 seconds. Here is the link to the DRL disable. -- https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34370 Happy Modding!
    he said he tried that and still has issues

your ballasts have to warm up too reach full power just a thought... they may flicker a little in the beginning

9g Baby!

What brand ballast are you using? I know that the cheaper brand ballast produce a high pitch whining and tend to flicker more than brands who have higher quality.

It may also have something to do with your connections. May be the connections aren't all they way connected.

If it filickers while driving I would check the stock head light connectors. I had to zip tie mine together

drl relay harness