The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DOHC swap questions

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Posey

DOHC swap questions

Well I got a great deal on 4g63t heads. Intake and manni to match. But my question is what parts do I need left and what can I use from my current set up. I've searched but everything is a lil vague

Also are there any particular problems I can expect. I have a 95 4g64 SOHC.to it

Not looking to turbo now jus headswap.

You need to plug these holes on the block

94 Galant GS cam gears or adjustable gears
    94 galant GS timing belt
    94 Galant GS head gasket
    2g fuel rail to work with stock FPR
    2g or 1g thermostat with 2g or 1g water pipe. These cant be mismatched.
    Head bolts or ARP head studs

these are the sizes of freeze plugs you need to have to plug the holes on the block on the picture above:

1x1/2 inch freeze plug; 2x5/8's freeze plugs, and 2x11/16's freeze plugs

intake manifold gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, new water pump with gasket, throttle body gasket, new PCV valve, valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals

Depending on what way you want to go - mirage distributor or ECU with coil packs.

1. Mirage distributor - needs to be machined to the shape of 1g CAS to fit the Intake cam slot.
    2. Spyder ECU (for 96-98 Galants) or Galant GS/RVR ECU (for 94-95 Galants) will require 1g CAS, coil packs, power transistor or the other option is crank sensor, cam sensor, coil pack and power transistor.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Don't forget the 3 plastic timing belt covers and I believe two rear metal ones all for dohc 4g64 or at least 7bolt 4g63.

Posey
    Holy rat turds Batman. Thanx that's exactly what I was looking for... Has someone done a proper step by step wire up for it... If not when I start my adventure I'll be picturing everything as I go if someone wants to help with the write up... He'll anyone in Vegas wanna give me a hand with everything I'll buy the drinks and I got is papa john's pizza all day lol

Posey
    Also the guy sent me a pic of a number stamped on it. Besides 2.4.

Any idea the importance or any facts about this number...