The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM heads + HIds = dark spots?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

JDM heads + HIds = dark spots?

well i just installed a set of JDM heads with H7 low Beam hids and they seem to have dark spots....im not satisfied with the Hids light coverage when im driving...Sorry i dont have any pics but just wondering if anyone else had this problem? if your thinking its the ballast..the light doesnt flicker....everything is hook up correctly its just that i thought Hids offer better lighting..

Brand i believe is DDM
    bulb is 5k or 6k its a little blue

bought this kit from a fellow member here great deal.. jus wondering if i have to replace the bulb or if thats normal..cuz if it is it sucks...

ill try to get pics tommorrow morning.. thanks your help as always
    wise up or stand down

Its the reflector housing.

But shouldn't be too bad, check the bulb placement.

makes sense that spot is in the middle of the lense looks something like this
    (((((( ))))))) (((((((( ))))))))
    is that why alot guys do the retro projector lense mod?
    gonna replace the bulb to 4200 or 4500k hope fully it ll give me the light out put im lookin for
    wise up or stand down

check that the bulbs are seated correctly. you could have them inserted wrong or not flush to the mounting flange. if they are a little off position or angle, the beam pattern will be off.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Never had that kind of problem with mine. Check the bulb like others said you may need to put something behind the bulb to hold it in place.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion