The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my 8g...not so horn-y

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    aeon

my 8g...not so horn-y

i know, i know...
    the subject was lame :oops:

here's my issue:
    my horn doesn't work...plain and simple.

i checked the fuse, and it is fine. when i lock my car, or push the horn...nothin'

what did i do now?! :evil:

the only thing i did before it stopped working, was change the parking light fuse, and the bulbs. that's it. i never messed with the horn.

shit-
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

peace,
    aeon :firedevil:

aeon
    nobody?

Nick VR4
    check to connection to the horn is good

yeah sounds like you might off disconnected it by accident. maybe the power wire.

if not check if its getting voltage. .but your going to need 2 people. one to check the voltage and one to push the horn.

you can check the continuity on the grounds and the horn also.

if theres no power its the fuse or the switch. if there is power than its probably the horn

i changed mine already cuz i didn't like how it sounded. its pretty simple, grounded with the screws and a positive wire.
    2001 I4 White ES
    Injen intake
    Arospeed bomb
    Magnecore wires
    Denso iridiums
    Gdi stb
    Alpine cd
    polk components
    2 alpine 10s
    2003 17inch eclipse gt rims
    Yokohama tires

aeon
    thanks for the tips...
    does anyone know what the wires for the horn look like, or where the horn is located under the hood?

thanks in advance.

peace,

on my i4 its located on the right front side. behind the drivers side headlight and a little lower. it should just have one black wire with a harness. it looks like a regular horn. black and circular with a trumpet like end.
    2001 I4 White ES
    Injen intake
    Arospeed bomb
    Magnecore wires
    Denso iridiums
    Gdi stb
    Alpine cd
    polk components
    2 alpine 10s
    Yokohama tires

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    does the horn sound when the car is on?
    -Pedro

just to b sure, you checked all the fuses in both fuseboxes? there is one under the hood and one to the left of the dash...

aeon
    no, it doesn't work when the car is on.

is there more than one fuse for the horn? i am aware of both fuse boxes, but i thought only 1 fuse for the horn. does the SRS fuse have anything to do with the horn?

thanks for all your feedback.

peace,

aeon
    i looked at the horn, and i was going to try to run a wire from the positive battery terminal to the black wire of the horn.

if it doesn't sound, than it's the horn right?

my horn doesn't have a trumpet like end, it looks more like a thick disc, smaller than a cd, and it has a little box on it:

|-----------------|
    |-----------------|
    |-----------------|
    |-----------------|
    |-----------------|
    |-----------------|
    |-----------------|

that is kinda what the box looks like. (it's black)

is this the horn? it has one black wire running to it. i can't seem to pull that wire from the harness.

i still need help with this shit.

thanks in advance.

peace,

that sounds like your horn. they sell the same horn at pep boys its a fiaam, i think.

the wire should come off. try squeezing the harness while pulling. as for testing it with a pos. wire i'm not sure if you would need a fuse before the horn. i know you can use a 9v battery. i guess you can run a wire but use a 10 amp fuse just in case. just get a spare fuse and tape a wire to each end of the fuse.

and you can see if theres voltage with a small light bulb. pos (bulb) to harness and neg (bulb) to ground of car. just check if you light up the bulb when you push the horn.

if you had a voltage meter it would be alot easier. you can always buy one and then return it when your done
    2001 I4 White ES
    Injen intake
    Arospeed bomb
    Magnecore wires
    Denso iridiums
    Gdi stb
    Alpine cd
    polk components
    2 alpine 10s
    Yokohama tires