The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo X stock coilovers

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    Posey

Evo X stock coilovers

Simple will they work for my 95 galant.

Is this a joke?

No.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Posey
    Nope not a joke. Friend of mine was selling them to me for 20 bux they gots less than 15k on then and I'm pretty sure my stock struts got round 244k so those would be better than wuts I got that y I asked thanx for the answer:)

Is it a joke as in r u seriously even asking the question. Those 2 platforms has absolutely nothing in common at all.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Why don't you even try to research this on your own? Use search and spend the time to gain knowledge and experience, and not ask everyone to just hand you the wisdom that they spent their time and effort on. Its just wasting space on the site and making people annoyed. We'll gladly help you when you need clarifying or just plain stuck, but please make an effort. It will help you and your galant better in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallikid04 View Post
    ...I love the smell of new exhaust parts... smells like marshmallows:)
    Northstar White 8g sold
    4g Mirage es coupe

Use the search tool! There's no relation between the cars...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    Is it a joke as in r u seriously even asking the question. Those 2 platforms has absolutely nothing in common at all.
    Is this what TGC is turning into a flame war? Polishmafia already said is this a joke but you decide to say it again? A simple no would have been sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by midnight View Post
    Why don't you even try to research this on your own? Use search and spend the time to gain knowledge and experience, and not ask everyone to just hand you the wisdom that they spent their time and effort on. Its just wasting space on the site and making people annoyed. We'll gladly help you when you need clarifying or just plain stuck, but please make an effort. It will help you and your galant better in the long run.
    Just remember this you were once a noob once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Is this what TGC is turning into a flame war? Polishmafia already said is this a joke but you decide to say it again? A simple no would have been sufficient.

Just remember this you were once a noob once upon a time.
    I still am one, post count wont change that. But with repeated advise to use search, a line does need to be drawn to benefit him in the long & short run. Doing it in a way that isn't negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallikid04 View Post
    ...I love the smell of new exhaust parts... smells like marshmallows:)
    Northstar White 8g sold
    4g Mirage es coupe

Matt kick it a bit. OP has been asking a few questions that could have been answered by running a simple search. The way I see it, initiation. Were all there once and got it, its our duty pass it along.

Posey I suggest you start a build thread. Post pics of your car and ask for any suggestions or help there rather than opening new threads with simple "Will this fit" questions. We dont mean to scare you and we do want to help, so get to it and enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Flame wars aren't exclusive to TGC. Every forum has them, every forum, especially larger ones.

That said, how is the OP going to learn without asking? Can't say is even seen anyone ask if EVO suspension fit any year Galant...

Op, your best bet is to use a search function, Google, yahoo, etc and you can see pictures of each vehicles suspension setup and that would tell you right away it won't work. At least from Lancer EVO'S 7-10

Posey
    I'm not even gonna read all the mean stuff u guys are saying:P honestly it's just easier to ask... I research but if a question suddenly pops up like thus I ask it. If it gets answers kool if it don't then I dig deeper myself. No big

If you ask a question, and im browsing, I'll try to do my best to answer any question I happen to know about-unless you are asking silly things like how to change a tire :P

I don't believe search covers this exact swap idea- but you could go under your car and measure things out, take a look, take pictures and go back inside, look at replacement parts, look in the service manual-etc. As an owner of a Mirage, Galant gtz, Lancer oz, and Evolution ix, and a prior mitsu parts sales guy - you sometimes do run into situations where parts strangely swap over, or fit- it is true, so don't feel too bad about it.

Don't worry, we're not here to be mean to you!

I hope my post made sense, im trying to type it fast :P

Posey
    Lol kool no big. I usually post when I've doe a search or browsed and didn't feel as tho I've found a straight answer.

Experienced TGC Member
    The Cummins forum is way worse at flaming than this.

Cough c3g cough
    -Andrew

I'm not terribly familiar with the evoX suspension, but if its anything like every other Mitsubishi ever made it more than likely has a multi-link rear suspension and the possibility of the rear being compatible with the 7g isn't a total stretch.
    But I know for a fact the front will not work. Its a completely different design.
    With that said, you can pick up a set of springs for the 7g for dirt cheap.
    Essentially any suspension component made for the 2g Eclipse (95-99) will botl directly to the 7g, including OEM replacement 2g parts.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

My post from yesterday in another thread like this one. Im gonna keep quoting myself until i dont know when....

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    From a couple of days ago.

Im not saying dont ask, just put some effort and search on TGC or the web for answers, and if dont come up with anything then post a legit question. If you just went to Ebay and typed "95 Galant upper strut bar" and got 94-98 galant strut bar in the results then it most likely will fit a 95 Galant.

Im not trying to rant on you, but these are questions that are chewed over and over again too many times and members get frustrated because they have to spoon-feed you answers that you can find by yourself with a bit of effort.

I apologize that i hi-jacked your thread, but some things had to be said and made clear.
    On to you question: no.

There are 3 cars that 7g shares suspension with: 2g eclipse, 95-00 avengers, 95-00 serbings, and rear suspension with 8g galants and Dodge stratus coupe.

If the car is sagging, the cheapest upgrade is shocks and springs of v6 sebring or avenger. The spring rates a bit firmer due to the extra weight from the v6 and the car itself is heavier that 7g. There's a member here who has done it and he's very happy with it.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Nvm
    Last edited by spdracr; 01-25-2012 at 10:09 AM
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R