The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Our new family chariot...2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

Our new family chariot...2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited

Some may not know that me, my wife, son, mother in law and brother in law were in a accident in August in our Endeavor.
    http://www.galanttuners.com/index.php/topic,863.0.html

We were in the market for another Endeavor but wouldn't settle for nothing less than the XLS model trim which was the LS trim. Endeavors are hard to find used..alot of people don't want to sell them, which I don't blame, its a great reliable SUV. The ones we were finding were LS trims..not alot of XLS, Limited or SE trims and it seemed our luck was everyone we found and inquired about was sold right before we called about it. We found a couple of them..but either needed alot of work or had a carfax with a negative report.

So we started to look at Monteros too to expand our options..not alot being sold either, but it expanded our choice of vehicles to look at. My dad has a 2003 Montero Limited and I always liked it and my wife liked it too because it was ROOMY and with use planning to add to our family, it had plenty of room to handle that. For me..it was a sure choice because of its impecable reliability record, bulletproof drivetrain, japanese build quality, and a champion racing breed.

We just gone looking at a Endeavor which we liked alot before looking at it till we did. It was a white XLS AWD..but had a aftermarket sunroof, some of the electrical stuff didn't work, and had some undercarriage rust from being a Virginia car most of its life which I didn't want to deal with in the future. Just happened to pass by a small dealership with this Montero sitting up front...and went to check it out. Wifey and I both liked it..but needed to do a carfax on it and some research. Test drove it and engine was silky smooth, and transmission shifted like butter and all its electrical things worked. The dealer owner even let me take it offroad to test out its transmission gear selections and i have to say...IT WAS AWSOME!!!!!!

It only had 1 owner...been in Florida ALL its life...ALL scheduled maintanence done...NO accidents and a Clean and Clear title. Next was to do some negotiating at the dealer and was able to knock off $1500 his asking price. Its great to have automotive knowledge and letting them know you are paying CASH..gives you ALOT of negotiating power.

Going to take it to Mitsu to have it looked at for any service it may need and have all the drivetrain fluid changed and any open recalls done to it. All that it needs is drivers side seat bottom leather replaced, spare tire cover repainted, left rear corner bumper replaced or repainted, and radio antenna replaced. Everything else being a 2002 is in great condition...Paint and body are excellent also!

Well..enough rambling, here are a couple pics after we picked it up yesterday. Went to visit my parents before they left to Washington to visit my lil sister.

My dads 2003 Montero Limited in the garage and our 2002 Montero Limited behind his and my son who was super exicited with the new ride :)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

That is awesome stuff (not the accident though)!! Congrats!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Shot of the interior

Nice interior! Question, does this come with a third row? If we needed to replace the Suzuki SUV we have, we'd want it to be either this or an Endeavor but we need third row seating, for our nieces and nephews as well as our kids.

-Greg

I love Monteros and Montero Sports! thats an awesome pick up Kev!

Sorry about the accident, glad everyone is ok.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    love those pajeros!

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Nice interior! Question, does this come with a third row? If we needed to replace the Suzuki SUV we have, we'd want it to be either this or an Endeavor but we need third row seating, for our nieces and nephews as well as our kids.
    Yes..there is a 3rd row perfect for kids, not adults. Its folds and is hidden to cargo use but easy to pop up for the 3rd row. There is even cup holders for the 3rd row. I will snap a couple pics for ya and post them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Yes..there is a 3rd row perfect for kids, not adults. Its folds and is hidden to cargo use but easy to pop up for the 3rd row. There is even cup holders for the 3rd row. I will snap a couple pics for ya and post them.
    Thanks, would love to see it!

-Greg

Here you go.

Oh yeah, that pretty nice, much more roomier than the third row in the Suzuki, and it folds into the floor. Thanks bro!

-Greg

Yeah...plenty of room for young kids to sit comfortably. Already had a family outing with my neice and nephew and they enjoyed the back seat. Also the Montero has a excellent rear a/c circulation. Has vents for the 2nd and 3rd row which you can turn on and off from the front and the back center console for the 2nd row can control the speed and temp for the rear a/c climate control.

That's what's up, the rear seat climate controls only do fan speed in the back, not temperature in the Suzuki, and the center seat is offset from the center in the second row in the Suzuki, so the seat behind the driver is narrow for an adult. We are quickly outgrowing that truck. Thanks for the info and pics and congrats again!

-Greg

I once dreamed of transplanting this drivetrain. Into a 8g
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    I once dreamed of transplanting this drivetrain. Into a 8g
    It can be done I'm sure, the 2001-2002 uses a 6G74, the 2003-up uses a 6G75. Get a V6 8G, and git 'er dunn, hoss!!

-Greg

Very nice man congrats!