The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Size of rear speakers

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Size of rear speakers

Well my speakers kind of pop when my bass is turned up what is the size of the rear speakers so i can change them out
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

According to this, you have 6 x 9's in the back and 6 1/2's up front like us 8G's.

Although I thought you had a system in there, if you do, use that HPF (high pass filter) to keep the bass out of the speakers and only from the sub, it sounds better that way.
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 11-24-2011 at 10:20 PM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    According to this, you have 6 x 9's in the back and 6 1/2's up front like us 8G's.

Although I thought you had a system in there, if you do, use that HPF (high pass filter) to keep the bass out of the speakers and only from the sub, it sounds better that way.
    This.

Speakers popping, always sucks. If you need more bass do it right and get a Sub.

Post up what you have for more help.

got a 12" alpine type r in my trunk its awesome. just ordered dynamat to stop the trunk rattle and remote start coming in the mail Viper 5701

9g Baby!

Ok whats powering the sub?
    Radio?
    Current speakers?

Music of choice?

1000 watt alpine amp. 4 gage wire. ported box. line out converter to run stock radio. and dubstep/ electro some bass bangers. stock speakers rockford fosgate

9g Baby!

Yes the rears are6x9s. I just changed out my stocks rears. I have to change out my front stock. I'm going with a Focal 3-way component set. And I have two 10" custom made tc sounds subs rated to take 1500wrms each in the trunk. I have them powered by a mmats 3500.1.

If anyone is interested in subs or amps I have a bunch sitting here in my room.
    I'm going start posting in the marrketplace in a few.

Quote Originally Posted by brent-ralliart08 View Post
    1000 watt alpine amp. 4 gage wire. ported box. line out converter to run stock radio. and dubstep/ electro some bass bangers. stock speakers rockford fosgate
    Too much power on just one sub, get another type-r in a ported box and you will be perfect. Techno always makes speakers fart so when adjusting the amp put the radio's treble to max, and the bass to 25%-30%, trust me you don't need that much when you have a sub, just crank the amp a bit higher.