The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Taking a step in the right direction

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Posey

Taking a step in the right direction

So first off how do u post a build thread?

But instead of asking everyone for help I searched and searched. But I always actually got something worth a dang. I picked up my DOHC heads. Fully built 1g 4g63t Evo valve train beehive springs and titanium retainers. Also got a 1g CAS. Got my intake with a Big Evo III TB and turbo manifold. Lots to go of course but it a real start. I'll post pics later.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Evo valve train meaning Evo valve springs? And u said TI retainers not the stock aluminum ones right? Also what cams and valves? Stock or upgraded lifters?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I explained it to you on the other thread how to post a build thread. Go back and look!

Posey
    It is a 1g 4g63t head with stock valves beehive springs titanium retainers. Stock 1g cams. Can I use Evo 8 cams in it? What type of problems and benifits would I see. And I've searched for an ecu swap guide but it seems it's only for 96 and up. I have a 95. What ecu should or can I run. It will be NA for now and turbos ASAP. I'm ding the swap this weekend so if there's special wiring diagrams I need can someone PM it to me or give me a link. I've searched but I could have missed it. I'll be running a 1g CAS as well.

Posey
    Also the list I got from some super Koop guy on here listed a new water pump... Is that needed or can I use my stock one for now. I need the head swap ASAP cuz my valve guides causes too much smoke. I got reported once already for it. Don't wanna waste money fixing this SOHC. Also again if anyone in Vegas has done this swap I'd appreciate the help and I can get pizza:).

Can't help you on most of your questions as i have never done a head swap but I suspect recommending a new water pump was done because it is a pain to replace (lack of space to work) and because you are doing a head swap you are already part of the way there to replacing it anyway as you have drained the coolant, removed the timing and fan belts, etc. I've been using lifetime warranty water pumps from Auto Zone on my cars with no problem (around $50). FYI: if a water pump leaks antifreeze on your timing belt the life of the belt is cut dramatically (you should just change the timing belt if that happens because losing a timing belt will wreck your day when pistons and valves meet). You are planning on using a new timing belt and balance shaft belt?
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Posey
    Yea I'm gonna run new belts. But As bad as it sounds I'm trying tO cut corners where I can. Just for now. I'll waste a head gaskektn of what ever to go bak and replace water pump stuff like that I just need a new set of heads on there and I'd rather it be my DOHC.

Also any input on ECU options like I've said I searched but still not sure what ecu to use in my 95...?? Running 4g63t 1g head and 1g CAS

94 galant gs ecu is the best for you
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Posey
    K well I doubt I'll find any of those out here in the yard but I'll look. But in the mean time I got a 1G DSM 2.0L NA FWD (D22A) ECU. Also took the plug ins with 4" of the wire so I have the colors. Can I jus use the colors to match corresponding wires in my stock harness. If so any links for wiring diagram for stack harness. I don't care about pretty right now. Just need the car to not smoke before that take my registration.

Posey
    Any input on above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posey
    So I finally have every thing I need for the swap down to the bolt. I got a 95gst EPROM ecu at everyones advice. Any tips or hints I should know or things people miss. I'll plug the holes to. Also ill have a dyno run as I now and after.

Current set up
    Custom short ram
    2.5 custom cat back

After DOHC swap

Cyclone intake(using the diagram I found on dsmtuner that uses the egr system)
    1g 60mm intake
    1g head with complete Evo VIII valve train( titanium retainers beehive springs and Evo sodium filled valves. 1g cam shafts and cam gears)
    2g exhaust manifold ported to match and polished
    1g CAS
    2g coil packs

2g GST ECU is only good for if the car is turboed. Other than that is a no go

Build Thread

Posey
    That sux well looks like Ive gotta get my 4g15 dist then.

Posey
    So u have all the DOHC stuff. I got a guy with a bunch of 1g DSM stuff and the yard has 3 95-99 gsts so wut I need to run the stock 14b turbo I have. I gots a turbo rail and fpr. And 450cc injectors.

gst fpr only goes with gst ecu. if you plan on using n/A ecu you'll need stock fpr

Build Thread