The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: a 4g92 question

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

a 4g92 question

does anybody know is it possible to swap in a 4g92 mivec motor from a 4g mirage and would it be better to turbo that motor than a 4g64?

Experienced TGC Member
    My friend has the 1.6 swap in his summit. Which is pretty much the 4 door mirage. For a light car that little motor is bad ass. Its a high compression engine, mivec and parts are VERY hard to find. He sucked in water and bent a rod and had to search for stock parts for over 5 months and he had to pay 600 for the rods and pistons USED... Is it a bad ass engine for what it is? Hell yes. Is it worth it? No. The 7g is a heavy car and that little engine wouldnt be near as fun as it would be in a mirage. Turbo the 64 and be done with it. Being unique comes with a price. BTW. I think my friend was the first to do the swap in the states. All of the info you find on the swap has come from his notes and was passed down.

Cool...yeah that motor is badass but it doesnt make sense to have a lighter motor in a heavy car...im still on the fence about goin turbo on the 64...but as of rite now I have bigger problem lol

I dont think any of the Mirages in the US have MIVEC motors.

4g92 is a tiny 1.6L motor. Leave it to the lighter cars like Colts, and Mirages.

Either way, how are you gonna activate that MIVEC. You re gonna need the MIVEC ECU as well.

4g64 is the way to go.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread