The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Difference Between HU's?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Icon5 Difference Between HU's?

First off sorry if I am posting in an incorrect section; this seems like the correct place.

Long story short: I've been in the market to replace my head unit. Right now I have somewhat of a fossil (Pioneer DEHp470mp) head unit and its been giving me signs of crapping out. I have had my eye on the Pioneer DEH-7300BT. It seems like a perfect fit (my preferred brand, usb, bluetooth).

--The confusion is that it sells on Amazon for ~$140 (LINK HERE) and then what appears to be the same/similar model at Walmart.com for ~$120 AND includes two 6.5" speakers (LINK HERE).

Apart from it having the speakers and diff model numbers (Walmart lists it as a DXT-736B as opposed to Amazon and anywhere else which list it as a DEH-7300BT), anyone know the difference? It appears to be the same exact head unit. If there isn't any difference doesn't it seem kind of odd that Walmart would be selling it cheaper and include speakers? Let me know what you guys think, I trust your guys input.

Thank you.

Hard to say, it looks the same to me, I'd go for the cheaper unit. Walmart sometimes has a better price on some electronics, but it would help if you could put your hands on one at Walmart. I know sometimes a package deal might have a different model number than the individual pieces. My Panasonic shelf system from 1998 (it's what I use as my computer speakers now) was model SC-AK25, but the receiver was marked SA-AK25 and the speakers SB-AK25. Only the whole shebang was recognized as SC, maybe it's the same with your head unit there. Hope this helps!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Hard to say, it looks the same to me, I'd go for the cheaper unit. Walmart sometimes has a better price on some electronics, but it would help if you could put your hands on one at Walmart. I know sometimes a package deal might have a different model number than the individual pieces. My Panasonic shelf system from 1998 (it's what I use as my computer speakers now) was model SC-AK25, but the receiver was marked SA-AK25 and the speakers SB-AK25. Only the whole shebang was recognized as SC, maybe it's the same with your head unit there. Hope this helps!
    I agree with you on this. My hunch is that once they package it together they slap a new model # on it. I will try to get my hands on one if any local Walmart has it. It's do strange that its cheaper and has more. I cant get over it...

Anyone else got any opinions?