The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cleazy's 8G "Let's try this again thread"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Showing results 141 to 153 of 153
    See if you can't find a D with analog gauges, like the ES Diamante or the VR-X Diamante gauges, they might work.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by cleazy123 View Post
    Not too sure what I'm gonna do with gauges , I'm thinking use the "D" bezel and buy the gauges used only to take apart the housing and possibly pull out the G's and retrofit the "D" housing with g tach,temp,fuel, and mpg gauges ...maybe lil light bondo prime and paint ...lens on and bezel back on , should work well any suggestions ?
    As long as the d's gauges use the same voltage and digital signal where it applies to the gauge set up itself as the g, I think you should try to see if you could get it to work man. I know probably the gauge clusters pigtails are not the same for both vehicles. be original! If not I'll be doing it lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Imajine if the same two plugs plug right in... Just gotta get this dash to fit perfect.....then take it from there
    Can you size down your sig please? Thanks, Admin :)

I would love to get that electroluminescent diamanté cluster in my car. I miss that gauge.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

The way the needles light up 2 at a time is very nice

Here is some wiring diagrams (2003 Diamante LS, High Contract Cluster), hope it helps:

Last edited by GalantES-2001; 10-05-2013 at 03:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by GalantES-2001 View Post
    Here is some wiring diagrams (2003 Diamante LS, High Contract Cluster), hope it helps:

Your the man bro..thanks to you I might have to get the d gauges and retro em for the g...I have the whole dash harness they have it to me wit the dash ...oh and btw I payed 125 cash for whole dash (bezel,glove box,vents, ducting)

Daytime pic

And oh btw I took the door panels off and voila!!! Doors close perfectly!!

May have to install the diamante e brake handle too , looks like it would bolt up and the angle of it should clear the center console...-as of right now looks like it may be obstructed.

So about the doors. You cant get them to work with the dash as is, or you gotta modify them a bit? After you pull this off, you ever thought about a 3g wheel? Also what seats do you have? Nice carpet btw

I think I'm gonna fiberglass the doors and paint them black...there plastic anyway, 3G wheel I've had once before it feels really big and bulky IMO ...thankyou on the carpet...matches calipers nd valve covers...oh and seats are from and 01 Sebring coupe

Thats interersting on the 3g wheel. I wad considering one myself, but dont like the idea of a big bulky wheel. I don't want less leg room. Maybe of I ever go to a our local salvage yard I can find a 3g and see what its like.

If I do change my wheel it'll be for a "personal" steering wheel with an "NRG quick release adaptor" ...u can choose the "mm" 350,320,380 leather or suede, black,red, white stitch and bulky or skinny ...check em out.

Yeah personal sounds sick. I thought about woodgrain too, but I dunno if I wanna be without an air bag or how to get around the srs

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678