The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2g GST intake on 1g 4g63t head.

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Posey

2g GST intake on 1g 4g63t head.

So I was sold a 1g intake and exhaust manis. Double check parts number actually from a 95 GST obviously it's 2g. My question is can the manis be ported to match. I was schedualed to have them polished Friday anyways. If it can't be done at all then I gotta cable. Thanx

The intake manfold wont work cause the 2g intake manifold has smaller ports and less material to work with.. Meaning it just cant be ported that far.. It would work the other way around though(2g head 1g intake)
    Yes u can port the 2g exhuast manifold!!

The 2g exhaust manifold has better flow than the 1g so you scored there. As was said above though, the intake won't do you any good. Sell it and pick up a 1g intake or a Cyclone intake.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Posey
    Atleast I got something outta it. Going to the yard today to get my 4g15 dist. Head swap is on as of mon of next week. Yeah me. Eventually I'll get rid of it for ecu swap injectors and everything but atleast my car won't smoke anymore. I have to wait to turbo til then to:(