The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: battery relocate help

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

battery relocate help

Want to know if anyone has relocated there battery and if so how??
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

You talking about a trunk relocation? I know they make universal install kits, but you'll have to run your own battery cables from the starter/alternator. And of course, properly ventilate the battery.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I used 2 runs of 2gauge direct bury wire, 100 amp battery switch and direct bury splice kit that has a nice brass connection and some heavy duty heat shrink. Cut off the battery ends at stock location use splice kit then route wires and switch. Some people just run the positive full length and ground negative to chassis at original location and near the battery at new placement.

When I relocated mine a few years ago, I ran a positive from the original location through the fender with the hood release cable. I then ran it into the interior through the access port in the driver side kick panel, then along the edge of the interior into the trunk.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    When I relocated mine a few years ago, I ran a positive from the original location through the fender with the hood release cable. I then ran it into the interior through the access port in the driver side kick panel, then along the edge of the interior into the trunk.
    x2, this is what I did.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Hey guys I know I'm hella late on this but I want to know what you all do about the 120a battery fuse when you relocated your battery. And could I use distribution blocks for the hot wires going to my existing battery location and run 0ga from the d-block to the new location?

Quote Originally Posted by BLOCK8732 View Post
    Hey guys I know I'm hella late on this but I want to know what you all do about the 120a battery fuse when you relocated your battery. And could I use distribution blocks for the hot wires going to my existing battery location and run 0ga from the d-block to the new location?
    - 120amp fuse I left in mine. I believe I ran my wire from the trunk to one of the bolts on the d-block using a ring connector for 0 gauge wire.

Just keep things simple, run the wire to the original terminal source lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

thanks for the help guys i forgot i posted this and have already ran it to the trunk! ill post pics soon
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Thanks guys. Ill be relocating battery soon and adding another one

i cant wait to move my to the trunk..