The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo hunting time...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    Posey
    I think seth or peano wrote tutorial or something up on it if using the 1g cam gears its a 1/2 tooth off for each gear. Tdc remains same as far as crank and its mark is concerned though.

Thats from oarctic with the DOHC swap and a Distibutor.

Posey
    And I got AEM Cam gears with a Gates 4g63t belt. the head I got came with them...BTW any links for the build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Posey View Post
    I think seth or peano wrote tutorial or something up on it if using the 1g cam gears its a 1/2 tooth off for each gear. Tdc remains same as far as crank and its mark is concerned though.

Thats from oarctic with the DOHC swap and a Distibutor.
    No, you cant use OEM 1g or 2g timing gears period. Yes it is off by 1/2 tooth but that does not mean you can set the timing by just turning the cam gear 1/2 tooth and slap the belt on it.

TDC at the crank is the same for all 7 bolt engines regardless if its 2.0 or 2.4L.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Posey
    So what was ment by that?

You figure the things out. Im done. I shared my opinions and knowledge about Galants too many times in your threads. I've said the things I wanted to say, but you keep asking the same questions over and over again. My patience is about to come to an end. My car has been SUCCESSFULLY boosted, DOHC swapped and built with forged internals by me. I know what the hell i am talking about and you dont.

So If I see a thread or post where you ask questions that I know they had been answered before or you give someone wrong advice that could lead to serious damages, I will delete post/threads and you get warnings.

Now I have to apologize to OP for hi jacking the thread and going off topic.
    Now back on " turbo hunting time", other off topic posts will result in warnings as well.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    For the timing you also need the early 95 2g tensioner, yes the most expensive one as well. Other than that all the same as every 2g
    Do you mean the hydraulic unit or the arm itself?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    Do you mean the hydraulic unit or the arm itself?
    The auto tensioner not the actual arm the pulley goes on
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I used the stock 7ga tensioner with no problems. I don't remember there being any differences in tensioners between all 2.4 7g. op is plugging holes so he is using 2.4 7g block correct? Did I read something wrong here?
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 12-12-2011 at 09:49 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    You are confusing yourself. A GS and the early 7gs 94 and 95 and the early 95 2gs use the same tensioner. He was on extreme psi and they list everything in accordance to DSMs so I clarified that. I will get even more specific here as if the block is from production period Feb 1993 to Aug 2 1995 you use tensioner MD308587. And if your car or block is production period Aug 3 1995 to the last of the 7gs you use tensions MD308086
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Thanks for the info again everyone, MKO sry about your frustrations hopefully i didn't ask anything twice, normally I pay close attention to that. I definitely know about using the OEM 4g64 DOHC timing gears along with the belt and not having to worry about a pain in the A** timing job lol, and Posey no offense dude, but can you please stop pissing people off in my threads I don't want them to be ignored due to someone else's ignorance

Posey
    My bad man hope u get the info u need. Let us know how it works out for ya

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12