The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oil disappearing?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

oil disappearing?

hey guys, recently had an oil change about a month ago in my 06 galant. I was driving home yesterday when my "oil" light came on. When the car cooled off i checked it and the oil was extremely low. I put more oil in and it seemed okay. just to be clear THERE IS NO LEAK. On my way home today, the oil light came back on! Again, I checked the oil but today is seemed fine. I cant describe why the oil was so low yesterday when there was no leak, but I really dont understand why the oil light came back on today when there is enough oil. Any one heard of this?

*also, im new on here and was wondering how i put pictures on.

Last edited by MitsuMan; 12-02-2011 at 01:29 PM

Valve seals are worn possibly? Only thing i can think of if there is no visible leaks.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein