The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HIDs question

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

HIDs question

Has anyone ordered HIDs from vvme.com? and are they good?

In short, yes. I would always buy from them until I heard of the pricing DDM tuning had. IMO and experience they had great customer service should anything come up and their kits are excellent and durable. Shipping from DDM Tuning is no very slow so I may go back to vvme.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I just installed my vvme yesterday the quality is awesome grat product so far n they ship pretty quick I paid 45.99 shipped on ebay. So bright n no flicker lol idk if its just me but the 4300k I got take a min to warm up fully lol this is my output.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Corey I didnt know you bought vvme, im very familiar with their 4300K kits, my mom had them in her 11 Equinox now they are 55w 6000k from DDM and honestly the vvme which are 35w have more output.
    My sister also has 35w 43's from vvme and them things are bright too.

Well damn my whole fam has HIDs. OP Im sure you'll be pleased with your purchase.

Congrats Corey. They look really nice and bright. I got my kit from HIDNY off eBay, and let me tell you that the difference it's in the ballasts. When I got mine in the mail, one of them didnt work, so for the mean time, I had to replace it with a cheaper, slim digital ballast that has poor light output :(

My temporary ballast (from Zentec) looks bluish and less bright and my headlights color is off. I'm waiting to get my replacement converter from HIDNY.

So definetively, dont buy the cheaper HID kits.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejuanito View Post
    Congrats Corey. They look really nice and bright. I got my kit from HIDNY off eBay, and let me tell you that the difference it's in the ballasts. When I got mine in the mail, one of them didnt work, so for the mean time, I had to replace it with a cheaper, slim digital ballast that has poor light output :(

My temporary ballast (from Zentec) looks bluish and less bright and my headlights color is off. I'm waiting to get my replacement converter from HIDNY.

This. Oem ballast are the best. The cheap ebay ones aren't guaranteed to give you the right out put, hence why sometimes the colors don't match.

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    This. Oem ballast are the best. The cheap ebay ones aren't guaranteed to give you the right out put, hence why sometimes the colors don't match.
    Yeah, no doubt about that. Not to say all ebay ones are bad but you definitively have to shop around and find a reputable company. I vouch for HIDNY, albeit a bit expensive but they perform great and I'm guessing vvme.com also offers a great product.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Corey I didnt know you bought vvme, im very familiar with their 4300K kits, my mom had them in her 11 Equinox now they are 55w 6000k from DDM and honestly the vvme which are 35w have more output.
    My sister also has 35w 43's from vvme and them things are bright too.

Well damn my whole fam has HIDs. OP Im sure you'll be pleased with your purchase.
    Lol yeah my buddy wanted heads n fogs for his dads Lincoln LS. So he asked me to go on ebay to find a set. So I did n having a HORRIBLE experiance with Xentec I looked at the link foe the vvme kit n read the WHOLE page n was impressed n my buddy said if I get him the kits he'll get me a set so of course I said ok lol. So I ordered 8000k for him n 4300k for me. N man I gotta say... The output is amazing n even n 1 color n NO FLICKER!!! lol I'm very pleased. N I ordered them last Friday n got them the other day n they came from China. They were only $45.99 a kit shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejuanito View Post

Yeha Xentec is GARBAGE! I got a set from ebay n a ballast went bad the next day. N when I sent the kit back they took FOREVER to send me a new kit. N when I recieved the new kit THE SAME BS happened. N the output was awful. I had the 5000k n they looked like 8000k then turned like a grayish colr.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    I just installed my vvme yesterday the quality is awesome grat product so far n they ship pretty quick I paid 45.99 shipped on ebay. So bright n no flicker lol idk if its just me but the 4300k I got take a min to warm up fully lol this is my output.
    Hey Corey, great output on these... Im guessing your running them off your regular Halogen reflector, right?

Yeah he is JDM heads

i got a stupid question about HIDs, i know NOTHING about them, what's better between the 4500k, 5000k, 6000k, etc? i have the projector lenses in the 9g, but it's just regular halogen i believe, and i want brighter/whiter but nothing that'll get me in trouble with the popo.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterheadGTS View Post
    i got a stupid question about HIDs, i know NOTHING about them, what's better between the 4500k, 5000k, 6000k, etc? i have the projector lenses in the 9g, but it's just regular halogen i believe, and i want brighter/whiter but nothing that'll get me in trouble with the popo.
    Here is a quick lowdown cause I am feeling nice. 4.5k will give you the best and whitest light out put, 5k and up get bluer and bluer as you go up with less light output. Just do a quick HID color chart in google and it should come up with the colors.

I always rock 6000K and have never been disappointed. They are bright, have a little color without drawing too much attention. 4300K is OEM color on any car with HIDs..the color variations you get come from the design of the housings.I'm going to have to check this vvme site out cuz I too got duped by xentec....they fucking suck.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

awesome. thanks for the info guys!

my next set im goin with 5k i think. or 4.3k.
    6k is too blue, at least on the set i got.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    my next set im goin with 5k i think. or 4.3k.
    6k is too blue, at least on the set i got.
    I think the blue you're seeing could be due to a bad set and/or low quality Ballasts. I used a pair of ballasts from Xentec and it gave me a horrible blue tint. I changed to heavier/better ballasts from HIDNY and my lights look white. Im running 6000k

Brightest/Whitest aftermarket HID's out there are 5000k 55w from DDM.