The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clutches

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Clutches

whats a good proven clutch for our application for 400whp/tq? nothing too crazy im not looking for a triple disk carbon/kevlar setup or anything. i'd like to stick with a full faced street disk if possible.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    The street disc isnt going to cut it. Your gonna need a 6-puck. I would recommend an ACT pressure plate and a south-bend disc (check on dsm tuners for more info on this) or a competition clutch or clutch masters clutch. I just killed my ACT HD with a 6 puck and that clutch is rated to hold 580 tq and I was only making in the high 4XX's tq and it couldnt handle it. That is also on an EVO clutch which is a bit larger than a normal 7 bolt clutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

How about clutch master stage 2 or 3?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

i wonder if a stock evo clutch and pressure plate would work on a 8g 4g64

Well seeing that the Evo has a pull type clutch and the 4g64 trans has a push type... NOPE.

i didnt no that im new to the manual trans thing thanks for the info i was also looking for a good clutch for my 5 speed swap but im just doing 5 speed with a stock 16g turbo nuttin special

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millerlite2224 View Post
    i didnt no that im new to the manual trans thing thanks for the info i was also looking for a good clutch for my 5 speed swap but im just doing 5 speed with a stock 16g turbo nuttin special
    I'm in the same situation as you but for a little more power, so first don't get OEM or the Exedy oem replacement they are good for stock but the Exedy is good for maybe 150-160 wheel torque not more or your clutch is going to start slipping in the tuning session.

Go with a ACT 2100 with street disk or Competition Clutch stage 2
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 04-04-2013 at 07:17 PM

4g64T 5spd