The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 GTS Radio Face

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

2004 GTS Radio Face

Hey, this is my first post, and I'm a bit of a n00b with the Galant, I got it about mid-October. I have an '04 GTS with the 6-disc Infinity radio that's all silver, but everything on the inside is black, so it does stand out. I just came across a picture of the interior of an '06 GTS, everything pretty much looks the same from the pic, but the infinity radio and knobs are black, and it looks awesome. I wanna know if there's a way to simply get the radio cover and knobs, without having to buy an '06 radio. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear em! thanks

2004 GTS Infinity Radio

2006 GTS Infinity Radio

Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

That's pretty awesome, but I still am interested in the knobs aswell. I don't really wanna go spray paying the whole thing.

You can buy the 2 black radio knobs from a dealership. No need to replace the whole radio. As for the radio bezel, either find a nice used black one or paint yours.

the big problem is the aircon controls.
    do you have any self serve wreckers? you could pull the parts you need out of the right model car then just stwitch them over.
    painting will work and doesnt look THAT bad but you are right its not as good as the stock materials.
    from one of my post on amc
    "i got restless and have done some interior redecorating. came up quite well i think
    before:

after:
    "
    and then another one with the painted bits installed:
    "ok finshed pics :P

didnt have time to clean the windows first! haha, sucks parking under trees..."
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

yeah, Stormie, the junk yard will be my next option. i've put so much thought into blacking it out that i NEED to do it lol. i was thinkin about painting the shifter plate as well, and after seeing yours i think i'm definitely going to, although it wont have the nice chrome trim lol.

What paint did you use to paint the silver pieces in the car?

Quote Originally Posted by JesterheadGTS View Post
    yeah, Stormie, the junk yard will be my next option. i've put so much thought into blacking it out that i NEED to do it lol. i was thinkin about painting the shifter plate as well, and after seeing yours i think i'm definitely going to, although it wont have the nice chrome trim lol.
    Since this is a symetrical part i cant imaging that Mitsi Australia would have modified it from the base american one. that ring comes off (takes a bit of work though) you could buy the chrome one (actually coated plastic as is the norm :P) from australia. i think Mal (contact him via ebay australia - his user its mitsfix) should be able to hook you up with this very cheaply. as he wrecks 380s very regularly.
    *i wont guarantee that it will fit on, just common sense says they wont hav changed it... but we are dealing with mitsubishi... common sense isnt their strongpoint :D*

Quote Originally Posted by TheG3 View Post
    What paint did you use to paint the silver pieces in the car?
    Was that directed at me? if so again copy paste from what i put on AMC

"yeah mike. only other thing left to paint is the dash fascia. which has been sanded back, primed and is waiting on painting. but too windy to do atm.

for process i was a little impatient i sanded the existing grey paint off with 400 wet and dry, then tidied the surface up with some 1200 wet and dry.
    then once dryed & wiped down gave it a cote of "plasti-kote Primer plastic" bunnings spec. really lightly sanded that back then did another coat of that before leaving over night, then sprayed with "K&H - Matt black" came out almost the exact same coulour as the plastic is with primer on, just not sticky.

also getting that chrome plastic ring off is a and if you dont take a few hours doing it you will do some damage. it has four clips on the inside and around the outside there are four tabs, these were i feel designed to be one use jobs.you have to use the slots and lever the chrome ring away and upward so that it clear another tab on the plastic. shoot us a pm if you try it and have questions
    "

im not sure that the product names are trransferrable internationally. basically you need 2 grades wet and dry sandpaper, the roughest you can find (small number) and the finest you can find (big number). the plastic primer you should be able to get at an auto store or a hardware store. the black spray paint again auto store, or failing that hardware store. (go for matt paint rather than gloss unless you like the 2fast2furious look :P)
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

awesome Stormie. I was just about to ask what paint you used. I want it to be as close to the plastic as possible. I'm definitely going to paint the shifter plate thing, but i don't think i'm going to worry about finding the chrome ring, i'm more worried about the radio face. you da man Stormie.