The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how to remove in-dash center speaker??

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

how to remove in-dash center speaker??

got an 01 galant gtz with the infinity system and i put a new HU in that's intigrated into the stock infinity amp (didn't really have the money to replace it and didn't really know how to bypass it) unfortunately i think by adding the new HU the sound improved 10x but i blew the center speaker in my dash, i saw on another post sombody said i don't have to remove the dash to disconnect this speaker.

honestly i just wanna know how to disconnect it without having to remove the whole dash, it rattles so bad i can barely hear the music anymore and i don't really plan on replacing it in the future, can anybody help me?

pics would help i just got this car 5 months ago so it's all still relatively new to me, i just wanna unplug the thing and cap the wires there has to be an easy way to do that.

Using your hands (or the tape-covered screwdriver) pry up on the grill and then using the same tool (preferably the screwdriver this time) pry up on the center speaker, it'll pop out. Then push on the underside of the connector where the release tab is and pull out the connector, and there you have it, no need to cap the wires, the connector will be fine. Hope this helps!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

thank you very very much, i had no idea i could pry the thing right out like that